AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wire number floaters

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Joe_Drake89
575 Views, 2 Replies

wire number floaters

I am having an issue with certain projects occasionally with floating wire numbers.

everything will seem to be in order and then if i run 'update signal references' it will cause some wires (not all) with a destination arrow on to have the wire number float away from the wire.

there are usually 3 points on a wire number, centre, left, and connection to wire. the connection to wire is still on the wire but the number has moved.

it seems to be directly related to the update signal reference command.

i can easily fix each one by toggling between inline wire no and back on each individual wire number that is affected but this can be quite time consuming when the project is large and will need repeating if another signal reference update is required.

i have tried DWG audit as mentioned in another forum relating to floating wire numbers but this doesnt do anything.

does anyone know what is causing this?

or a way of fixing it across a whole project?

ideally i would like to find the cause and fix it but if not id like to be able to fix he whole project easily.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ccad2509
in reply to: Joe_Drake89

what i did was edit the blocks for wire numbers because my default position would be a vertical wire

this cleared my problems with wire numbers and now if i have a floater appear i use the eelctrical audit and the number then moves back to the correct position on the wire

Message 3 of 3
Joe_Drake89
in reply to: ccad2509

thanks,

what exactly do i need to edit within the block for wire numbers?

we have two :-

• WD_WNV - vertical
  • WD_WNH - horizontal

it is mainly vertical wire nos that this issue happens with but occasionally happens to horizontal wire nos too.

i dont think it is an issue with the block as there is more correct wire numbers in a project than there is floating wire numbers and they're the same block.

Best regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost