When using ACAD Elec., I find my wire nos. dont change even when it
To test the thing, I inserted one wire and put two relay coils on it. On
doing automatic numbering, I find only one wire no. is being assigned while
ideally there should have been three.
I used the Show Wires utility and find it is correctly showing wires.
I am confused as to what is it that I am missing.
Can somebody please help.
Thanks and Regards
Looking at your sample drawing, the problem I see is that the drawing's
"CONFIG" is set up so that the wire connection "trap" distance is much too
large. The wire segments are interpreted as being "shorted" together,
therefore only one wire number is generated.
To see this problem, select the "CHECK WIRE" command (under the "Spool of
Wire" toolbar flyout). Pick on one segment of the three-phase bus. AcadE
will draw, in temporary graphics, the extents of the wire connection "trap"
distance around the wire segment. The temp graphics should show the trap
distance to be very tightly hugging the wire segment. But in your test
drawing, the trap is shown as a very large rectangle around the wire
segment. This trap distance is actually capturing an edge of component in
the adjacent phase and so on, so all three phases end up being "shorted
together" and processed as a single wire network.
One way to quickly fix this is to go to the AcadE "CONFIG DRAWING" toolbar
button (next to last toolbar button) and select the "Scale" button (in the
upper right-hand part of the dialog). You have the "mm full size" button
selected. Change it to "inch". This should fix the problem for this drawing.
On this same scale dialog, I notice that you have the "feature scale
multiplier" set to 10.0 (to scale all of your symbols up by a factor of 10).
I think, long term, it would be good for you to scale each of your symbol
.dwg files up by the factor of 10 and then be able to "feature scale
multiplier" back to its normal value of 1.0. If you decide to do this, there
is a utility in AcadE that can process a full subdir of library symbols,
scaling them in a "batch mode". Go to the "Electrical" pulldown > "Component
misc" > "Symbol Lib Text Size Wizard".
Hope this helps!
One more thing... if you do decide to scale your symbol library up by a
factor of 10.0, then you will probably need to set up your drawings with the
CONFIG>Scale set to "mm full size". Otherwise the "trap" distance will be
very, very small compared to the size of your symbols and wiring and you may
run into problems with AcadE not seeing two wires connected if they don't
exactly touch each other (the "trap" distance allows wires to be considered
connected even if they don't exactly touch).
"Nate Holt (Autodesk)" wrote in message
> One more thing... if you do decide to scale your symbol library up by a
> factor of 10.0, then you will probably need to set up your drawings with
> CONFIG>Scale set to "mm full size". Otherwise the "trap" distance will be
> very, very small compared to the size of your symbols and wiring and you
> run into problems with AcadE not seeing two wires connected if they don't
> exactly touch each other (the "trap" distance allows wires to be
> connected even if they don't exactly touch).
Another thing that can cause wire number to not change across a component is if one mistakenly types a zero rather than the letter "O" into the third character space of the block name.
(Thanks again, Nate)