AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire number default placement

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
robbm2k
686 Views, 3 Replies

Wire number default placement

I've noticed that if a terminal has wires connected to both the left and right side of it, the wire number by default seems to come in on the left side of the terminal. Is there a way to change which side of a terminal the wire number gets placed? I thought I had read that the auto wire numbering is done left to right across the drawing, correct? My guess is that if the wire numbering is done that way, the wire number label will be done the same, but wasn't sure if that's an editable function in the project or drawing properties. Right now, the only way to move the wire number is after the auto-numbering is complete, clicking each wire number and using the 'move wire number' command. I tried to move one wire number and align the rest below it, but the align command doesn't work because the subsequent wire number gets stopped by the terminal in its way. Thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: robbm2k

The last tab of Drawing Properties, at the bottom, allows you to override the defaults.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 4
robbm2k
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Thanks Doug, is the order what's used for both the numbering of the wires and also the placement of the wire number tags? Are they one and the same?

Message 4 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: robbm2k

The order determines tagging for both components and wires.  It is especially helpful if you are tagging sequentially and prefer a top-to-bottom and left-to-right tag order. Wire numbers will be assigned to the first segment of wire in each node, from whichever direction you chose in Drawing Settings.  The usual and customary settings are the defaults, either for ladder diagrams (vertical ladders), or IEC style (horizontal ladders).

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost