AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wire number default - hidden

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
robbm2k
600 Views, 6 Replies

wire number default - hidden

i'm using wire number-based terminals and i automatically number the wires based on the line references. i prefer not to have the wire numbers shown. is there a way for me to set up ACADE so that i have to manually edit the wire number if i want it NOT hidden? right now i am using the 'hide wire number' button and individually selecting all the wire numbers. i would think there has to be a setting somewhere so that the wires can start as hidden and i can manually select the few that i wish to be shown. thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dougmcalexander
in reply to: robbm2k

You can go to the block WD_WNH.dwg in whichever symbol library you are using for your project and set the WIRENO attribute to Invisible=Yes. I suggest making a backup of the original block first. You can use the Swap/Update block tool to update all blocks in the project if you want to hide them all at once. Use wire number edit tool to unhide the ones you want to be visible.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 7
SteveEE
in reply to: dougmcalexander

I've got the opposite problem, I'd like the WIRENO attribute to be visible by default on my terminal strips. I've looked into the Wd_wnh blocks but I cannot see where I'd set the attribute "visible".

Any suggestions?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: robbm2k

Hi Steve

You can access the "visibility" on the properties pallet (right click and select Properties on the attribute that you want to modify).

After you make the change to the attribute, save the block.

Let me know if you need more detail,

James Alger

Message 5 of 7
SteveEE
in reply to: Anonymous

I checked the attributes in the block, and "WIRENO" is set visible. Yet, whenever I insert the terminal strip into a drawing the WIRENO attribute is still hidden and I need to right click->list atrributes->check visible on every terminal block.

I did redefine the block when I saved it.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: SteveEE

Hi Steve

Can you post a picture of the Issue?

Also let us (on the forums) know what version of ACADE you are using.

There are 4 options (nothing, Wirenumber, Terminal Number [user defined], and with wire number change) for each Terminal Block Shape (circle, square, triangle, diamond, hex) in schematics.

You may have selected the wrong option for what you want.

If your talking about the panel footprint generated from the TSE, then you can select the of the options with Wire number in it (its right at the side).

Let me know,

James Alger

Message 7 of 7
SteveEE
in reply to: Anonymous

ACADE 2014.

I am talking about the panel footprint generated by the terminal strip editor.

On the attached picture the terminal strip on the right is what it defaults to when I insert the block.

On the left is how I want it to look, where I had to list the attributes for each terminal block and manually check visible on the WIRENO attribute.

Ideally I would like to have WIRENO default to visible just like WIRENOL and WIRENOR.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost