AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire Number Default Font Size?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1708 Views, 2 Replies

Wire Number Default Font Size?

How do I set this? I know I can scale numbers after inserting? But how do I set the default. looks like you can't????
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

AcadE wire numbers are actually block inserts with an attribute. To change the default wire number size, just open the wire number block insert ".dwg" file in AutoCAD and change the text size of the WIRENO attribute definition. You will need to change several block inserts (in each of the symbol libraries you routinely use) to cover all possibilities (there are separate block inserts for horizontal and vertical wire numbers and for extra wire number "copies"). The wire number block dwgs you need to adjust are these: wd_wnh.dwg (horizontal wire number) wd_wnv.dwg (vertical wire number) wd_wch.dwg (horizontal "extra" wire number copy) wd_wcv.dwg (vertical "extra" wire number copy) ... and you can find these in your AcadE symbol library (ex: c:\program files\acade 200x\Libs\jic1, jic15, iec2, iec4,... etc.) You won't see these new, re-sized wire numbers pop in on existing numbered dwgs unless you erase all the wire numbers and purge the dwg of the old block inserts. "mbos015" wrote in message news:29358961.1093480166790.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > How do I set this? I know I can scale numbers after inserting? But how do I set the default. looks like you can't????
Message 3 of 3
jmburge
in reply to: Anonymous

I have found that instead of erasing the wire numbers, you can update these blocks on a per-drawing or project-wide basis. To achieve this, you have to run the "update block" utility for wd_wnh.dwg (horizontal wire number),
wd_wnv.dwg (vertical wire number),
wd_wch.dwg (horizontal "extra" wire number copy),
wd_wcv.dwg (vertical "extra" wire number copy)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost