AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire Names Not Copied

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
165 Views, 1 Reply

Wire Names Not Copied

Whenever I try to copy a wire from one drawing file to the next, I can keep its layer, length, etc, but lose the wire name associated with that wire. I have tried adding the drawings into my project, but still the wire name is deleted. Right now we are having multiple people working on the same drawing. So when parts are completed they are copied and pasted into the main drawing. It would be really nice if we did not lose the wire names. All other attributes are kept also, such as device location, terminal and so on. Thanks.

Nickolas
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you using the copy circuit tool to copy the wire to another drawing? If so, are your wire numbers fixed? You can use Wire Number Edit to make a wire fixed. If you don't uncheck the Make Fixed box when you "OK" from the editor the wire will become fixed anyway. Fixed wire numbers normally display in a different color, set by the layer WIREFIXED. You can choose any color you wish, perhaps green for fixed and yellow for layer WIRENO (UNFIXED wires). Then they are easy to see on the screen. Just bear in mind that each drawing has its own configuration and it may not necessarily match with the drawing you copied from, unless you are using a common template. Be sure that the valid wire layer exists in the drawing copied to and that the wire layer is named in the Drawing Configuration, remembering that wild cards are acceptable, such as RED*, BLK*, etc.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost