AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire layer not displayed in terminal editor - but only on 2 out of 3 sheets

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
230 Views, 6 Replies

Wire layer not displayed in terminal editor - but only on 2 out of 3 sheets

Everything working well except a small problem - (left hand side of terminal (JB1 to JB2)) 

3 sheets (2,3 &4) 

sheet 2 is correct - no problem

sheet 3 & sheet 4 to me are identically drawn as sheet 2 - (problem on sheet 3 & 4)

using terminal strip editor for JB1, on the left hand side of the terminal number "Type" box is populated with the correct layer (real wire ) name (which is a colour)  only for the first 8 terminals which reside on sheet 2

the following terminals (reside on sheet 3 & 4) have the type as "wires", eventhough i have changed them to various other layers like sheet 2 (e.g. YEL_0.75mm^2)

except terminal 21 &  22 where which works as expected, but then this terminal has no wires connected on he right hand side.

i've checked & re drawn several times to no avail

i will be grateful for any advice

otherwise all going well

Thanks

Steve

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

Try adding a description to the source/destination (Fan in/out) symbols. This descriptions is considered the "core number/color" in fan-in/out cables.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

Hi

Tried - no effect

In my the terminal strip editor column, "Type " is populated with the layer (wire), the wire colum is blank - this has always been the case.

Steve

Message 4 of 7
rhesusminus

Ok. 

I put in "RED" in the description for TB1_1, and got this in the TSE:TSE.PNG

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks for the example - its very clear

I tried it agian, exactly like your example but only displays wire "type" 

(in fact I tried typing "red" into all the parameters of the fan out inline function)

I wonder why it works clearly on your machine  but no on mine/ i'm using 2011?

Steve

Message 6 of 7
rhesusminus

I'm using 2012 (SP1).

But still.... Not a big fan of fan-in/out (pun intended ;))

Just too much hassle with it on larger prosject. And often, the customer want's the wiring/circuit diagrams as well, so we have to draw the same connections several times. Therefor I prefer to draw the termination diagrams (with fan-in/out) without any AcadE-intelligence.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Good to hear that its not always used on large projects

I have been wondering about the amount of work load  required in using some of the ACADE Intelligence

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost