AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire Gap sizing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1802 Views, 3 Replies

Wire Gap sizing

Is there any way to resize wire gaps and loops?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

It is not advisable to attempt to adjust the wire gap size. It is based upon the wire trap distance, which moves according to the feature scale factor. You can set the feature scale multiplier to a larger number and force the gaps to be larger but this will affect future insertions of other symbols as well. The bottom line is that the wire gap adjusts as necessary. If you feel that you need a smaller gap size then your wires are probably too close together.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 4

Hi Doug,

I'm finding that with the client requesting a B1 border, the wire gap is almost unnoticable. I don't want to mess with the feature scale factor, but is there really no way to force AE to insert a larger gap?

Cheers,

Mike

Message 4 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: flyFisher67

Assuming you mean the gap when using inline wire numbers, look in the project properties under the Wire Numbers tab.

In the 'New Wire Number Placement' section, there should be a button labeled 'Gap Setup'.

Adjust the two boxes labelled 'A' and set box 'C' to zero.

This will adjust the gap for Inline wire numbers.

For wire numbers above and below the wire, I believe it is as previously posted.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost