AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire annotation on footprints

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jean.renaud.grimard
536 Views, 3 Replies

Wire annotation on footprints

Hi,

I'm searching some info about panel footprints, more specifically about WIRENO** attributes. I've found after a lot of seeking that we can use WIRENO**A, WIRENO**B, and so forth to separate multiple wire info for any connection point on a footprint. We can also use WLAY**A, WLAY**B to put wire layer name on separate attribute.

This behavior functions properly for general footprints, but i did not found the equivalent for terminal strips. We have initially WIRENOL, WIRENOR, L**WIRENOL, L**WIRENOR attributes. Which could be the "multiple attributes" equivalents ?

I've tried some like WIRENOLA / WIRENOLB but it seems that ACADE would incorrectly dispatch the elements between left and right. It puts information in, but not a the good place, and there is some "mismatch" errors.

Another question about the forum, i have some trouble to find the place where i can go back to the threads i've created before... i'm using a "Favorite" in my browser as a workaround.

Thanks !
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I have not tried wire numbers on panels; but opening up an "out of the box panel terminal strip", I am seeing "WIRENOL" and "WIRENOR", along with "L02WIRENOR" and "L02WIRENOL".

Also, about the forum question, if you go to search, you can search by username (seperate tab), plus you can also set topics to be "watched". Edited by: hanchris on Feb 18, 2010 7:24 PM
Message 3 of 4

You are just saying what I already know. I will try to be more clear about my first question. Follow these steps :

1 - See attached image (printscreen from ACADE help)
2 - Look the section where WIRENOxx attribute is defined
3 - See that we can also use WIRENOxxA and WIRENOxxB, and so on.

This option seems to be for "normal" footprints, not for terminal strips. I would like to know if anything similar applies to terminal strips, and which are the corresponding attributes to be used.

There is no more info about this functionality in the help. There is no example of these attributes (with A,B,C...) in any block found in ACADE directory. Is there any expert/core programmer there to check in the source code ? I think they are only people who can seek for an answer.

Thanks !
Message 4 of 4

@jean.renaud.grimard wrote:
You are just saying what I already know. I will try to be more clear about my first question. Follow these steps :

1 - See attached image (printscreen from ACADE help)
2 - Look the section where WIRENOxx attribute is defined
3 - See that we can also use WIRENOxxA and WIRENOxxB, and so on.

This option seems to be for "normal" footprints, not for terminal strips. I would like to know if anything similar applies to terminal strips, and which are the corresponding attributes to be used.

There is no more info about this functionality in the help. There is no example of these attributes (with A,B,C...) in any block found in ACADE directory. Is there any expert/core programmer there to check in the source code ? I think they are only people who can seek for an answer.

Thanks !

Did you ever find a solutiuon to this?  I need the same thing.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost