AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire annotation not working

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dmgo17
318 Views, 1 Reply

Wire annotation not working

Hello there

I have created a panel footprint here inserted (FP_005 - Test switch assembly). This footprint has wire connection attributes (TERMxx and WIRENOxx), which according to AcadE 2010 manual, if linked to schematic components through its TAG1/P_TAG1 attribute, can display the information of the wire connected to the related schematic component, by running the "Wire Annotation" tool.

What I am trying to do is, link the test switches components ( HDV1_003 -- in 3 line schematic drawing) to the test switch assembly ( in wiring drawing), and have a wire annotation list -- of wires connected to each one of the test switches -- displayed under the test switch assembly symbol. I am having problems with this last step.

When I run a wire annotation of the panel footprint, AcadE outputs a msg : "No schematic wire connections found for … " , Even though the 2 symbols (test switch and test switch assembly) are correctly linked, both TERMxx attributes are given the same value(1 and 2) , and the schematic symbol IS connected to labeled wires.

Do you have any suggestion for this problem?

Beforehand, thanks a lot !
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
BruTec
in reply to: dmgo17

Three pieces of information are required for this to work correctly:
1. Tag names must match exactly.
2. Terminal pins must match exactly.
3. The schematic wires must have wire numbers assigned to them.

From your post you stated you verified the first two, what about wire numbers?
Randy Brunette

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost