AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is REPORT GENERATOR dialog SOOOO hard to use ??????

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
clyons
238 Views, 2 Replies

Why is REPORT GENERATOR dialog SOOOO hard to use ??????

Using ACADE 2014 (new user).

I'm having a really tough time using the REPORT GENERATOR dialog box with the From/To report.  I feel like I'm using a report generator for software from the 80's.  Hopefully I'm just doing something wrong because this is extremely frustating.  I can't seem to be able to re-size the displayed olumns (other than the crazy SQUEEZE options, which provide little help).  I also can't re-size the entire dialog.  So I'm forced to use the scroll bars to try to move around in the report.  Then it decides to move you back to the top of the text if you do a horizontal scroll and then try to do a vertical scroll.  And I have to start the whole process again!  I'm really hoping it's not this bad and I'm just not getting something right on how to use if effectively.  

Sure, I can export the information and then go and look at it in EXCEL or whatever, but all I want to do is just make a few quick checks to see that things are correct before adding more components.  I don't want to have to waste MORE TIME switching between applications for simple things.  PLEASE HELP.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
drathak
in reply to: clyons

I feel your pain.

Unfortunately you aren't imagining things.  It is that bad.  And it comes back to the item I posted in the Ideastation section about standard controls.  So many of the dialogs and screens in ACADE are either hard coded or use non-standard controls.  For example, the data grid in ANY box should be sortable by clicking on a column header.  Most of the time we have to use the "Sort" button and edit another dialog before getting data sorted how we need it. (Although that does allow secondary and tertiary search terms.)

Legacy code is the problem.  I'm sure of it.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 3 of 3
ccad2509
in reply to: drathak

your looking for something like this

this is a block which i map the wiring data into its sexy and tottally configurable but unfortunatly the code that does this is a custom bit of code which i cant share

but now you know it can be done

wire.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost