AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't i get any reply ?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ricardd1
701 Views, 5 Replies

Why don't i get any reply ?

I need help on the topic as follows, and nobody replies. Maybe i am at the wrong place.

At least tell me where can i get an answer. Thanks.

Good evening,

I tried to add some manufacturers to the default_cat of autocad lectrical 2013.

i followed the instructions to do it by the windows 7 control panel.

When i get the Autocad screen, the manufacturers are all there. AB and ABB are checked while all others are not. I select a couple of manufacturers to add, then click next to update.

It takes a couple of minutes for Autocad to update. Then it finishes and everything looks normal,

except that the default_cat still has AB and ABB only.

How can i solve this problem ? Please help.

Kind regards.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
johnq
in reply to: ricardd1

Hi There

I am still learning however I understood the only wany to enter data into the Default CAT file was via the edit componant OR using MS Access.

Using the Electrical becareful whey you are editing as the OK will  updated the part and default cat while the Close button closes and updates the  the default cat only.

I do not have MS ACCESS.

If I understand your problem.

IMHO  jq

Message 3 of 6
Icemanau

Try installing the new service pack for 2013 and then try adding the manufacturers again.

There have been similar problems to yours and ACAD were working on it. The service pack may fix the problem.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 4 of 6
bpasqualini

Hi,

If you use a french ACE 2013 version, the SP1 does not correct this bug.

Message 5 of 6

I was install those service packs: 1 and 2, but I can not see any solution, do you have any suggestion to fix it????

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
algerj
in reply to: randolf.rodriguez

Hi Randolf,

Try Installing on a second machine (even in trial mode) and Copy over the Completed Database on a memory stick.

It could be a user permissions issue, or it could be installing to a different path then you originally selected.

Regards,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost