AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to download component libraries

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Jonez999
9398 Views, 2 Replies

Where to download component libraries

I'm very new to AutoCAD so sorry if this is a silly question.

I need a symbol for a 4 pole breaker, see attached. Is there a site I can download it from? If not How do I create it?

Do you know of any good tutorials?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Jonez999

I assume you mean AutoCAD Electrical and not plain AutoCAD?  Electrical has 4-pole breakers in the IEC library already.  Or you could insert a 3-pole and add an additional pole using the 2nd+ symbols, which are for adding additional poles to existing symbols.  See attached screen shots from the menu.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Jonez999

You can use the Symbol Builder to make your own symbols if you wish.  There is a tutorial in the Help menu.  I highly recommend classroom hands-on training if you wish to get the most from Electrical.  The menu in Electrical is probably 85% Electrical. AutoCAD is only the drafting engine.  It's no different from when we used to buy Electrical as a separate product and add it to AutoCAD.  We still had to take training for the Electrical add-in.  Back then it was from VIA and before that it was CimLogic.  Autodesk simply installs AutoCAD and Electrical together so you don't have to perform two separate installations.  But don't expect any previous knowledge of plain AutoCAD to circumvent the need for formal training on Electrical.  You can purchase promis-e and add to AutoCAD but you still need training for promis-e.  It's the same with Electrical.  This is why so many who move from AutoCAD to Electrical get lost and never get the productivity that they should.  They reason that because it has the word AutoCAD in its name that it works the same as AutoCAD.  It uses the AutoCAD drafting engine, but Electrical is a series of relational databases which record and process drawing data, which is stored in special attributes inside the drawing and the "smart" symbols.  But a lack of proper formal training often results in people who use electrical as little more than a glorified symbol library.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost