AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to download additional parametric PLCs, symbols and such

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mikegera
1821 Views, 6 Replies

Where to download additional parametric PLCs, symbols and such

Is there somewhere I can download additional parametric PLCs, symbols, and such? For example, I'd like to download the full line of Automation Direct PLCs, if possible. 

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mathalekar
in reply to: mikegera

For now, few Automation Direct PLC modules are included in PLC catalog database that comes by default with AutoCAD Electrical. We have hosted some content updates for AB & Eaton manufacturer but not for Automation Direct.

Message 3 of 7
ccad2509

Basically not many suppliers are intrested in supplying ACADE format symbols and data the prevailing view is add ACADE functionality to existing dumb drawings i dont doubt there is a negative view comming out of autodesk regarding this situation

this is especially intresting when the 3 major competitors in europe activeliley engage component suppliers in running  a system where by if you have paid your subscription you can link to a server run by the cad compay which has uptodate parts and symbols which you can download

its win win both ends as these cad companies can quite rightly point out there parts lists are upto date and being updated on a reguar basis

and the parts companies get exposure into companies that use these cad systems

it seems to me that the guys at ACADE are determined not to go down this road even though they have the technology with the application manager could be utilised in making people aware of new parts data

Message 4 of 7
mikegera
in reply to: mathalekar

Thanks mathalekar.  Where can I download content updates?

Message 5 of 7
zalant

This is an old thread, but the concept remains the same. We host our downloadable content packs for AutoCAD Electrical at this location. Also, if the updated content from, say, the 2018 content pack is not available in version 2019 or 2020, there are instructions here for getting the 2018 content pack into newer releases of AutoCAD Electrical.

Zac Travis
Message 6 of 7
ccad2509
in reply to: zalant

no you dont give good value for money while you sit thier complaining that suppliers wont give you the data your competitors have live servers with fast growing databases  and guess what they sit there and laugh at the way autodesk do things

ive been in meetings where your competitors specifically point out your faillings on this point

Message 7 of 7
ccad2509
in reply to: zalant

it’s obviously working very well (that’s sarcasm)

do you know how many job enquiries i get for Autocad electrical about 1 a month now

do you know how many job enquires for Eplan and see electrical i get now 2/3 a week

do you know how many companies are now using Autocad electrical (well nobody knows since its a toolset of Autocad now)

do you know how many symbols and database entries are out of date in you database (well we don’t know how many but everybody knows you keep shoddy data )

do you know why i have been approached to migrate ACADE to Eplan well no but you can guess people are tired of a ECAD product that doesn’t work properly

do you know why see electrical is going to rip the ACADE sales market apart in the US 

I do (its cheaper, better runs on a cad engine so its dirt easy to migrate) and its now owned by a company that’s bigger than Autodesk with an army of salesmen on the ground)

Question What do you say to an ACADE expert in the UK

Answer Medium caramel latte with a blueberry muffin please

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost