AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the button images?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
361 Views, 5 Replies

Where are the button images?

Are they saved as bmps or are they protected from modification and which support path folder should they be saved in? I can't seem to locate any bmps other than the PLC card format examples. Help?... Thanks, Omar
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
testsubject
in reply to: Anonymous

All the images in the icon menus are slides which are in a master slide menu. These slides are based on ACAD drawings of each symbol. If you want to create some buttons of your own, you need to make a slide of the drawing and then reference it from within menu.dat.

Robert Hanrahan
Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co.
ACE user since 1998

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Robert, Maybe I should clarify a bit more. It's not the icon menus, but the eletrical toolbar buttons, 16x15 bitmaps, usually prefixed with "ACE_"etc.. It's individual bitmaps I'm trying to locate. Are they saved as "ACE_xxx.bmp" or are they referenced/protected within another file? I can't seem to locate these files. Thanks, Omar "testsubject" wrote in message news:5467090.1091805865972.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > All the images in the icon menus are slides which are in a master slide menu. These slides are based on ACAD drawings of each symbol. If you want to create some buttons of your own, you need to make a slide of the drawing and then reference it from within menu.dat. > > Robert Hanrahan > Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co. > ACE user since 1998
Message 4 of 6
testsubject

Omar,

Sorry. I can not help you here. I am also having trouble finding those images.

Robert Hanrahan
Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co.
ACE user since 1998

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Omar, I think that all of the AcadE 2005 toolbar button images are combined in c:\program files\autodesk\acade 2005\acade\ace2005.dll. So, if you want to modify an existing toolbar button, I think that you'll have to use the normal AutoCAD "TBCONFIG" > "TOOLBARS", right-click on the toolbar button, and then "Edit Button Image". When edit is finished, SAVEAS back to the above folder. You end up with a ".bmp" file. Now open the c:\documents and settings\...\support\ace2005.mnu file with an ASCII text editor, find the button reference in this file and replace the button image reference (there are two, comma separated) with the "save as" file name + ".bmp" extension. If you use the "Large" buttons and the normal buttons, you'll need to create two edited versions with different names and edit into the ace2005.mnu file. When finished, use the MENU command to reload ace2005.mnu. You should see the AcadE toolbar show up with your edited button(s). There may be an easier way to do the above. If so, someone please chime in! "OmarP" wrote in message news:4113b32c$1_2@newsprd01... > Hi Robert, > > Maybe I should clarify a bit more. It's not the icon menus, but the > eletrical toolbar buttons, 16x15 bitmaps, usually prefixed with "ACE_"etc.. > It's individual bitmaps I'm trying to locate. Are they saved as > "ACE_xxx.bmp" or are they referenced/protected within another file? I can't > seem to locate these files. > > Thanks, > Omar > > > "testsubject" wrote in message > news:5467090.1091805865972.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > All the images in the icon menus are slides which are in a master slide > menu. These slides are based on ACAD drawings of each symbol. If you want to > create some buttons of your own, you need to make a slide of the drawing and > then reference it from within menu.dat. > > > > Robert Hanrahan > > Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co. > > ACE user since 1998 > >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks Nate, I was hoping there's an easier way but I'll work with what you've suggested. Omar "Nate Holt" wrote in message news:41158856$1_2@newsprd01... > Omar, > > I think that all of the AcadE 2005 toolbar button images are combined in > c:\program files\autodesk\acade 2005\acade\ace2005.dll. So, if you want to > modify an existing toolbar button, I think that you'll have to use the > normal AutoCAD "TBCONFIG" > "TOOLBARS", right-click on the toolbar button, > and then "Edit Button Image". When edit is finished, SAVEAS back to the > above folder. You end up with a ".bmp" file. Now open the c:\documents and > settings\...\support\ace2005.mnu file with an ASCII text editor, find the > button reference in this file and replace the button image reference (there > are two, comma separated) with the "save as" file name + ".bmp" extension. > If you use the "Large" buttons and the normal buttons, you'll need to create > two edited versions with different names and edit into the ace2005.mnu file. > When finished, use the MENU command to reload ace2005.mnu. You should see > the AcadE toolbar show up with your edited button(s). > > There may be an easier way to do the above. If so, someone please chime in! > > "OmarP" wrote in message news:4113b32c$1_2@newsprd01... > > Hi Robert, > > > > Maybe I should clarify a bit more. It's not the icon menus, but the > > eletrical toolbar buttons, 16x15 bitmaps, usually prefixed with > "ACE_"etc.. > > It's individual bitmaps I'm trying to locate. Are they saved as > > "ACE_xxx.bmp" or are they referenced/protected within another file? I > can't > > seem to locate these files. > > > > Thanks, > > Omar > > > > > > "testsubject" wrote in message > > news:5467090.1091805865972.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > > All the images in the icon menus are slides which are in a master slide > > menu. These slides are based on ACAD drawings of each symbol. If you want > to > > create some buttons of your own, you need to make a slide of the drawing > and > > then reference it from within menu.dat. > > > > > > Robert Hanrahan > > > Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co. > > > ACE user since 1998 > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost