AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When inserting multiple components installation and location codes are shown

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
CAD-ICE
612 Views, 9 Replies

When inserting multiple components installation and location codes are shown

Hi there,

I have noticed that when inserting multiple components in ACADE 2011, installation and location codes are shown (visible) even though the drawing properties installation and location codes match the components??

This does not happen when inserting one component at a time. Any thoughts ?

Regards, Gary

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Gary, I wasn't able to reproduce this. Can you provide more details so I can try it exactly the same way? Or a video showing the process would be great if that is possible.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 10
CAD-ICE
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Hello again Pat,

the fastest way to reproduce this is by using the the attached dwg file. Just insert a ladder and insert multiple components like terminals or current relay´s. The attached jpg image show´s how the components are inserted and that the installation and location codes are shown visible even though they match to the installation and location codes set in the drawing properties? The last current relay on the dwg was inserted as a single component and here the codes are not shown as expected.

Again thank´s for your concern.

Regards, Gary

Message 4 of 10
PatMurnen_Adsk

I am afraid I still wasn't able to reproduce this. Maybe I am just not using the same options. I used the Multiple Insert from icon menu. I selected a relay. I drew the fence across the wires. I kept each one and showed the dialog after each one. I didn't enter any values in the Insert/Edit dialogs. I've attached a short video showing my steps. Maybe you can pick out what is different.

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 10
CAD-ICE

Hi Pat,

try the same multiple insert but in the Keep? dialog box klick on keep all, dont ask and uncheck the show edit dialog after each. This should produce the situation I´m experiencing.

Regards, Gary

Message 6 of 10
PatMurnen_Adsk

Hmmm. Still not getting the INST or LOC values showing. I've attached the video. You are using AcadE 2011, right? I can't think of what else might affect this. Can you attach the .wdp file just in case there is a project setting that might affect this?

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 10
CAD-ICE

Hi again Pat,

this is really strange?? Yes I´m using ACADE2011 and I have attached the wdp file as requested.

Regards, Gary

Message 8 of 10
PatMurnen_Adsk

OK. So it is related to a project setting. I've attached an image showing which one. It is the Components Tab: Upon insert automatic fill Installation/Location with drawing default or last used. When this is on, AND the Insert/Edit dialog is not displayed then the attributes are left visible when they should be hidden since they match the drawing default. I will log this issue. I guess for now, you would either have to turn this project option off or let the dialog display after each one.

Sorry for this inconvenience,

Pat

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 10
CAD-ICE

Dear Pat

thank´s again for your help in this matter. Let´s hope that we will get a fix for this or in the next update.

Regards, Gary

Message 10 of 10
PatMurnen_Adsk

Gary,

if you are a subscription customer, log the issue and document your business case for needing a resolution. The more information the better so that the group that evaluates these can understand the impact it has on your ability to do business.

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost