AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what a project means to me.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TRENTBERGEN
291 Views, 3 Replies

what a project means to me.

So when we do a project it looks something like the below. Each project is actually a seperate PO. And yes i do need to track this. Now it looks like this because we usually do plant wide controls. And we have to keep track of multiple PO'd projects and change orders. We meed to track not only the plant but when things were added. What project they were added in and then total the bom's for those specific projects up for billing and accounting purposes.  Sheets within a folder should auto number. restarting at sheet 1. but with the same drawing number.  I should be able to assign a project number to every part so i can total up the cost for each individual po. I may be tracking years worth of data and i need to do this fast.  I need to print out reports for accounting or send this directly to our ERP software.   i may have 300 enclosures in a plant and i need to track this from one location.  i need refrencing to update automatically. currently were doing this fairly manually. however, in the future i hope to have most of this automated.  Can it be done? and how easily can it be done. Also is there any way to have fuses and circuit breakers add up all the fla's of all the devices connected to them and possibly set up a warning for the designer that they have crossed the maximum load of their protective device. is any of this possible or is it a pipe dream. 

1. overview- drawing 32-1-5698  starting on project 12156 

a. sheet 1. cover sheet

b. sheet 2.  drawing refrences

c. sheet 3. network topology

d. sheet 4.  enclosure list

e. sheet 5.  enclosure pull wire

2. Enclosure 1 drawing 22-1-0568  - added during project 14213

a. sheet 1. cover sheet - drawing refrences

b. sheet 2.  internal network topology

c. sheet 3. 120v power distribution

d. sheet 4.  24v power distribution

e. sheet 5-12. remote io

i. pressure switch added during project 14213-2

ii. level transmitter added during project 16532

f. sheet 13. spare sheet

g. sheet 14-15.enclosure layout

h. sheet 16. bom

3. Enclosure 2 drawing 22-1-0568 - added during project 16532  - different project same drawing reference. 

4. enlosure 3 drawing 52-1-0698 - added during project 15633

I've attached a partial example sample.  things have changed quite a bit.  but this will give you a general idea. it also encompassed things added 15 years ago. so it can get confusing but this is generally this issue im having i want a auto cad elec project to actual represent an entire plant.  And use the folder structure to organize an enclosure drawing package.  I may refence the same drawing in multiple projects because they bought the exact same equipment modual 2 years later than the other. and i don't want to redraw this so i reference the same drawing. but i still need to capture this.  I need a way of pulling this all together. 

attached files are the property of cyclonaire corp.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
s.wile
in reply to: TRENTBERGEN

At first i was going to sugest having seperate smaller projects for each folder. Then have a master project for the entire project. However with the number of subfolders your sugesting, that may be more work than its worth.

If you want sheet numbers to restart with each folder, just type them in manually. Or export the sheet properties to Excel and do the numbering there.

There are some load reporting tools in Electrial but I don't think it will issue a warning. The report would need to be run and then reviewed.

I think you would be money ahead having your reseller, or some other contractor who knows Electrical, come onsite and assist in this setup.

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 3 of 4
ccad2509
in reply to: TRENTBERGEN

i can see exactly where your going with this

each folder being a a mini project or zone

each folder having a project structure

that is exactly how the IEC installation and location method should work unfortunately Autodesk choose not to fully implement this feature

you need installation/location based sub folders with the wire /cables being able to jumps between zones and to have the INST/LOC codes part of the wire numbers so it doesn't generate errors

and ACADE needs to understand how to number each folder i.e either all drawings sequentially or to have a separate numbering sequence in each folder

putting it plainly ACADE is not good enough to do this if you have the budget or the power look at other products that can do this there out there and based in Europe

Message 4 of 4
ccad2509
in reply to: ccad2509

This is what you want each section further down has a complete set of docs all linked together in a single project

the sad thing about this its from a company that sells an electrical cad solution cheaper than what you paid for a ACADE

Image1.png

Image2.png

Image3.png

Image4.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost