AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.wdu File Location

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dbrblg
351 Views, 5 Replies

.wdu File Location

When I do a TitleBlock update and do a save, the default.wdu file is created in my local roaming directory.

Is it possible to change this location?  I thought with most project related files, it looked in the project directory first?????

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: dbrblg

This is viewed as a user-specific setting rather than a project setting. So it is saved in the user folder and that is the only place that AutoCAD Electrical looks for it. I don't see any way to change this at this time.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
dbrblg
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

A little annoying but it is what it is!!  

Thanks Pat Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
PatMurnen_Adsk

Don't forget about logging ideas for improvement on the IdeaStation. You may not be the only one who would like this changed and the IdeaStation gives people an opportunity to vote.

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
dbrblg
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Thanks for this Pat Smiley Happy I wasn't aware there was one specifically for AutoCAD Electrical.

Message 6 of 6
PatMurnen_Adsk

Yes, it is fairly new. I think there was an announcement on this site and also on the blog. If you go there to log your idea don't forget to look at the other ideas and vote (by clicking Kudos) for any others that you like.

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost