AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDTAGALT - one way retag

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
CAD-ICE
684 Views, 3 Replies

WDTAGALT - one way retag

Hi there,

I´m having problems when retagging components in my project where I have two parent components linked together with the wdtagalt attribute.

The two parent components are a single line and multiline components. I would like ACADE to retag only one way if possible such that changes made on the tag name of the single line components affects the tagname for multiline but not the other way around. Is this optainable ?

Thx. Gary

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Not as far as I know. However... When AcadE needs to update a peer component, it will ask you if you should update the other component. You can always say "Skip" here..

However.. Now the link between the component are gone, so the updating in the other direction is also gone.

If you could describe in more detail what and why you want this, maybe we can come up with an alternative solution?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 4
CAD-ICE
in reply to: rhesusminus

Hi Rhesusminus and thank´s for looking into this.

Your answer did give me something to think about when you mention that if I choose to skip the update of the other component the link between components are lost. As I mentioned in my post I have experienced problems with the retag function that may be related to my work procedure when skipping the update of the other component. I have also in some cases updated tags on the active drawing that may have caused some problems as well.

Anyway if I place my single line drawings in front of other drawings and do a component retag project wide can I count on that the single line components are tagged first before other components shown on multiline drawings are retagged?

One other thing I forgot to mention, I´m not actually using the wdtagalt method but what´s called a copy tag. This means that both parents have the same tag just to clear that out of the way.

I hope I have managed to express myself clearly, but please let me know If you need further information to understand my problem.

Thanks again and regards,

Gary

Message 4 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: CAD-ICE

I belive you're right in your assumption. AcadE will start retaggning at the first page of the project, and then continue processing drawings in the drawing order specified. Also.. components that are "lniked" together between drawing sheets will have the same tag.

If you're not sure, just try on a copy of a large project.

ANd yes... you should only use the "skip" button if you're sure you want to break the link between components. If you're not sure, use the "Task" button instead. Then you can decide later wether to update the peer component or not, using the "project task list" (the button in the middle of the buttons on the top of Project Manager.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost