AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.WDP file keeps losing recently added drawings

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
sparky_mike
407 Views, 1 Reply

.WDP file keeps losing recently added drawings

Heres a booger for this early Wed. 

I have recently stumbled upon an issue with the project manager missing drawings that I have recently added to the project. After I re-add them, the drawing properties are gone (DD1, DD2, DD3, sect., sub-sect.). I know that I have added these in because right after I do I run the title block update to populate my drawing descriptions that originate from the properties of that drawing, including the filename with ext., so I know I was not accidently in a different drawing.

I do all of my projects like this, and have not seen this. It has happened 4 times that I know of, each instance dropping 3 to 4 drawings. The only change to how I normally do this is that there are multiple users accessing the .wdp file on the server where all of the drawings are located also. It has happened to myself, and another user on a different PC.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: sparky_mike

I have seen this happen before when multiple users access the same project file at the same time. I think it's a case of whoever saves last wins. The work around is to let all users know when you've made a change to the project file and have them exit out of the project and reenter it. That way they'll have the latest version if they need to make a change. I believe the project file will eventually update for all users on its own, however if someone adds a drawing prior to the update the project file will be saved with their version and previous updates will be lost.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost