AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

jorgeoca
Message 1 of 5 (136 Views)

WD_M.DWG missing

136 Views, 4 Replies
06-01-2004 04:08 PM
I just received a demo CD from autodesk, I went through some exercises, but when I tried to create a new project I had the message that the block WD_M.DWG was missing in the paths where the software is suppose to look for it, and the file is present in every folder, am I missing something when I create a new project?, I hope someone could help me, thanks
*John Pullen
Message 2 of 5 (136 Views)

Re: WD_M.DWG missing

06-02-2004 11:33 AM in reply to: jorgeoca
Open Project/Project - New/Old from the menu. On the dialog that opens, press the Symbol LIB button and then on the new dialog that opens, press the WD_LIB button. That should fix it for you. "jorgeoca" wrote in message news:26926367.1086131360032.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > I just received a demo CD from autodesk, I went through some exercises, but when I tried to create a new project I had the message that the block WD_M.DWG was missing in the paths where the software is suppose to look for it, and the file is present in every folder, am I missing something when I create a new project?, I hope someone could help me, thanks
Contributor
blystovski
Message 3 of 5 (136 Views)

06-29-2005 12:02 PM in reply to: jorgeoca
I also have been working off of the Hands-On Test Drive CD, and found that it was looking for the wd_m.dwg file (along with a couple others) in the wrong path.

I browsed to "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\" and copied the "Acade 2006" folder to "Acade 2005" in the same path.

It is a very dirty hack, and requires a lot of space - but it works.

Any suggestions on changing the path that AutoCAD uses to search for these blocks automatically so we don't have to copy the folder?
Contributor
blystovski
Message 4 of 5 (136 Views)

06-29-2005 12:05 PM in reply to: jorgeoca
I have been trying to follow your instructions as I believe you described what I've been trying to do - but I can't seem to follow you. Any chance you could reply with a more verbose set of instructions?
*Scott Reese \(Autodesk\)
Message 5 of 5 (136 Views)

06-30-2005 05:03 AM in reply to: jorgeoca
Hi,

If you forward me your contact details offline, I will have someone contact
you to walk you through setting up the correct paths. Please send them to
scott.reese@autodesk.com.

Thanks,
Scott

wrote in message news:4888844@discussion.autodesk.com...
I have been trying to follow your instructions as I believe you described
what I've been trying to do - but I can't seem to follow you. Any chance
you could reply with a more verbose set of instructions?
Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.