AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD_M.DWG missing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jorgeoca
371 Views, 4 Replies

WD_M.DWG missing

I just received a demo CD from autodesk, I went through some exercises, but when I tried to create a new project I had the message that the block WD_M.DWG was missing in the paths where the software is suppose to look for it, and the file is present in every folder, am I missing something when I create a new project?, I hope someone could help me, thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jorgeoca

Open Project/Project - New/Old from the menu. On the dialog that opens, press the Symbol LIB button and then on the new dialog that opens, press the WD_LIB button. That should fix it for you. "jorgeoca" wrote in message news:26926367.1086131360032.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > I just received a demo CD from autodesk, I went through some exercises, but when I tried to create a new project I had the message that the block WD_M.DWG was missing in the paths where the software is suppose to look for it, and the file is present in every folder, am I missing something when I create a new project?, I hope someone could help me, thanks
Message 3 of 5
blystovski

I also have been working off of the Hands-On Test Drive CD, and found that it was looking for the wd_m.dwg file (along with a couple others) in the wrong path.

I browsed to "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\" and copied the "Acade 2006" folder to "Acade 2005" in the same path.

It is a very dirty hack, and requires a lot of space - but it works.

Any suggestions on changing the path that AutoCAD uses to search for these blocks automatically so we don't have to copy the folder?
Message 4 of 5
blystovski

I have been trying to follow your instructions as I believe you described what I've been trying to do - but I can't seem to follow you. Any chance you could reply with a more verbose set of instructions?
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hi,

If you forward me your contact details offline, I will have someone contact
you to walk you through setting up the correct paths. Please send them to
scott.reese@autodesk.com.

Thanks,
Scott

wrote in message news:4888844@discussion.autodesk.com...
I have been trying to follow your instructions as I believe you described
what I've been trying to do - but I can't seem to follow you. Any chance
you could reply with a more verbose set of instructions?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost