AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD custom routines

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Scott_Errthum
356 Views, 2 Replies

WD custom routines

Is there a way to get a list of all of the valid properties used in symbols. The manual lists a lot of them, but it seems to me that looking at some of the provided symbols, there are some undocumented ones (or undocumented ways to use current ones).

I would also like to write some custom routines (maybe to help with previous post), but don't know where to start. I get the impression that there a lot of choices to add routines (LISP, VBA, VLISP, etc.), but anytime I try to use a *.lsp file in WD SA 16.0, it tells me that "load" is unavailable. If I try "appload", it won't load *.lsp files. Since I don't know LISP right now, VB would probably be the easiest (although I am working on picking up LISP right now).

Are the Routines listed in the manual the only ones available? Is there a way to have a routine run at specific program events (like insertion of a component, addition of a wire, etc)?

Regards,

Scott
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Scott_Errthum

If you are running the older "Stand-alone" version
of VIA-WD (which is based on the AutoCAD OEM engine), your options for
customization are very limited. User customization with Lisp (and I believe VBA
as well) is not supported running under the OEM engine. You may want
to consider making the move to AE 2004 - then you'll have a wealth of
customization tools and AE's "API". All this can help you
make company-specific utilities and even drawing generation tools, perhaps
similar to AE's "Speadsheet to PLC I/O Generator" utility (provided in full
source code format, by the way).
Message 3 of 3

We do have WD 17 with Acad 2004 here (just received it about 2 weeks ago), but have not implemented it yet. When we purchased WD 16 1 year ago, we were told that customization through LISP was available. We are now trying to speed the way we do things and looking at customization. Looks like we need to update our installs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost