AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Professional - Assign Item Mapping Problem ??

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dknight
895 Views, 6 Replies

Vault Professional - Assign Item Mapping Problem ??

Okay Clever folks. . . .  Here's a pickle you might be able to help me with.Man Frustrated

I am working with AutoCad Electrical 2013 and Autodesk Vault Professional 2013, but I believe this problem lies within Autodesk Vault prof.

So first the background info. We would like to assign our unique part numbers to Catalogue entries within Autocad Electrical. We do this at the moment by, editing the catalogue entry and entering our part number in the USER1 catalogue field. In Vault then, when we Assign Item, we setup to map this info from the catalogue and display it in the resulting bill of material. Easy? Not that easy it seems. . .  . . . . .

Firstly, in Autocad electrical, I insert a schematic symbol and assign a catalogue assembly, In this instance an emergency stop Pushbutton and assign it for example the catalogue entry: 800FP-MT44 (an AB 40mm Pushbutton). During this selection I am given the opportunity to enter Pushbutton Assembly. I opted for the plastic operator 2across option. As normal, I edit the catalogue entry and put our unique part number in the USER1 field. I also edit the BOM items in the lower pane, and insert our unique part numbers for the plastic latch and contact blocks.

Now when I assign Item in Vault, it pulls in the unique part number for the top level part (800FP-MT44) but not for the other items (The latch and the contact blocks). ?? I've tried all manner of things to get this put right but nothing seems to work. If I run a Bill of material report in Autocad Electrical, it works perfectly, but the assign item function in Vault seems not to pick up this info.??

I know it's a rambling post, but I'm quite keen to get to the bottom of this, as it is now slowing down work, so any help is mucho appreciated.

Cheers and thanks in advance Robot tongue

6 REPLIES 6
Message 3 of 7
dknight
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks for the reply, although it think this is a separate issue.Smiley Indifferent

We have managed to succesfully map the USER1 data into vault, this issue seems to come from when I use an item assembly in Autocad electrical. It picks up the master item number USER1 Info, but not the sub-assembly components. For example If you select one of the assemblies for an E-stop pushbutton, the top level assembly has the USER1 data entered in as required. you can also check the "show BOM details" checkbox for that assembly. That BOM (viewed in the lower pane) includes the latch required and the 2 N/C contacts. If I right click them in the I can also edit the subassembly component entries in the catalogue. Even when I do this and enter the USER1 info, The assign Item function in Vault does not pick up this information.??

Still need help on this Thanks

Man Sad

Message 4 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: dknight

Sorry,... misunderstood the question.  I'm afraid I don't have any thoughts on this, though I might have this moved to the Autocad Electrical forum... a lot of gurus in there!  So if it get's moved,... blame me.  😄

Message 5 of 7
dknight
in reply to: cbenner

S'Okay Chris, I appreciate the Elp !!

I just hope someone has come across this before and knows the fix.

Thanks again

Davek

Message 6 of 7
dknight

Latest Update. Just noticed it happening on none nested catalogue items. Once on a catalogue entry I created, and again on an Autocad generated catalogue entry both of the not nested assemblies with Sub Assemblies ??

Any help would be really appreciated !!!

Dave K 

Message 7 of 7
dknight

Okay . . . . Anyone have any ideas ?? This is becoming a real problem.

Kind regards

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost