AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valve symbol problem?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
sgsawdy
908 Views, 8 Replies

Valve symbol problem?

Am I doing something wrong here? When I insert a valve I get the attached result. The valve is being inserted on a vertical line but breaks and rotates the symbol as shown by val206. I expected it to insert like the symbol STA206 (a customized symbol) shown. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Scott
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
sgsawdy
in reply to: sgsawdy

Having a real problem with nearly all of the symbols provided by Autodesk. That, or there is a problem with the orientation command on insert. Also, the Flip/Reverse command that works so well on electrical symbols does not work on the pneumatic symbols. I do not look forward to re-creating all of the pneumatic symbols so I can use them.

Scott
Message 3 of 9
Jhawth

Bumping an old thread, I am currently having this problem in AutoCAD Electrical 2014. When I insert a pneumatic symbol it won't let me flip or reverse the symbol to get it to show up the way I need it. I keep getting a message "Unable to process: too many wire connections." I have only one symbol on a blank page, so I don't understand what's going on with it. I haven't been able to find anything else through trusty google. If anyone can provide some advice I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Message 4 of 9
testsubject

This is a good question that comes up from time to time.

Electrical symbols can have this same problem. The Flip/Reverse only works with symbols that have 2 and only 2 terminations. Most soleniod valves have 3 or more terminations so this will not work.

Hope that helps...

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 5 of 9
Jhawth
in reply to: testsubject

Yes that does help. It makes me wonder how much of the "stock" pneumatic symbol library people would actually use. I'll admit that I'm not an expert when it comes to drawing pneumatic diagrams, but it seems like the pneumatic symbol library was thrown together at the last second with horrible insertion points, terrible termination points, nothing seems to line up on a grid, symbols seem to be backwards unless pneumatic diagrams go from right to left? I'm having one heck of a time trying to draw up existing pneumatic circuits in AutoCADE. I've wasted about 4 hours trying to draw the beginning of a pneumatic circuit with no luck. mufflers are the same size as solenoid valves, insertion points don't make any logical sense. I'm to the point where I feel like I would be better off drawing an entirely new pneumatic library and completely wiping the library that was supplied with the software. Am I way off base here or is the pneumatic symbol library really that bad?

Message 6 of 9
testsubject
in reply to: Jhawth

I find that creaating my own is the best way to get them to look exactly the way you want to get them to look.

Doug would be able to provide more of the history of the development of the Pneumatic side of things but I think it was put together pretty fast.

Once the library is created Autodesk has not gone back and corrected anything. I have found with the IEC PLC Library that the Output cards are all backwards with the outputs pointing up instead of down. 

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 7 of 9
Jhawth
in reply to: testsubject

Thanks Bob, I think I may create my own symbols, I'm very specific about having terminal points be on snap and insertion points in a logical spot. Thanks again!
Message 8 of 9
Icemanau
in reply to: Jhawth

Rather than doing things the hard way by creating all your symbols from scratch, take a look at modifying the symbols that came with ACADE to suit your style.

Doing so means that all the attributes are there and you just need to modify the graphics and move the attributes around to suit.

Just make sure to backup the original library you are using before you begin.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
ccad2509
in reply to: Icemanau

if you go here there a good set of pnematic symbols in plain  autocad which i use as i need them building up my own libary

http://www.smc.eu/portal/WebContent/corporative/products/technical_room/pneumatic_symbols/pneumatic_...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost