AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VALID WIRE LAYERS

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
dianamichelle33
409 Views, 1 Reply

VALID WIRE LAYERS

I found this link to create a custom toolbar for wire layers http://www.cadalyst.com/manufacturing/avatech-tricks-hotwire-autocad-electrical-5296 to make point-to-point wiring easier; but it's from 2005 so I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this in 2014. I can't figure out how to get to the dialog box where I can use a "wildcard" to tell AutoCAD Electrical that any layer that begins with 8AWG is a valid wire layer. The link also doesn't explain steps on how to create a custom toolbar so I'll probably need help with that also, but so far I can't even get past this first step of the wildcard option.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sonny3g
in reply to: dianamichelle33

You could add the value to the WD_M block attribute WIRELAYS. 

AEWIRETYPE is the acade command, but it will pop up the dialog box where you will have to select the Add Existing Layer... button and there you can enter *8AWG.

I try to have my wire layers begin with a unique prefix, AWG or +, that way I can quickly pop up the above mentioned dialog box and enter *AWG or *+ to add layers to the valid wires list.  Be careful what you use for a wire prefix though as other layer names could include it.

However, if you already have an entry in your default WD_M block with *AWG (or whatever you choose for a default wire prefix) in the WIRELAYS attribute, then any time you add a new lawer with the prefix AWG it will automatically be considered a valid wire layer.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost