AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USING VISABILITY STATE TO CONTROL DETAIL IN TERMINALS FOOTPRINT

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
asservtech
324 Views, 5 Replies

USING VISABILITY STATE TO CONTROL DETAIL IN TERMINALS FOOTPRINT

Hello

I have three page which containing the Weidmuller terminal block footprints.  Two pages the details of the terminal block have been removed, the terminal screw holes and jumper port do not show in the block.  The thrid page the details of the terminal are visable. When copy this terminal block on to one of the other two pages the detailed is turned off.  I know the terminal are using visibility states to control this detail, but how do I control the visibility states in AutoCAD Electrical.  I would like to remove the details from the drawing.

Thank you

Aaron

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rhesusminus
in reply to: asservtech

Visibility states are changed via a grip on the block.
If there are no grips on the block maybe its the wrong block that's inserted in the sheet you're copying to? Maybe you'll have to purge the sheet before paying the block?
Or maybe the visibility is just controlled by turning on/off layers?
Hard to say without seeing the drawing with the symbol in it. Can you post a drawing so we can have a look?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 6
Icemanau

As Rhesusminus has stated, visibility states are controlled by a grip on the block and is set individually.

What you are describing is more like layers being turned off or a faulty wipeout component on the block itself.

To check for turned of layers, open one of the problem dwgs, go to the layer manager and scroll through the list looking for a grey lightbulb on the left hand side of the list. Click each one to turn it on. and check the result before turning it back off and proceding down the list. Once you know what each one does, you can determine which layers to turn on and leave on.

For the faulty wipeout on the block, you need to update the block on the affected dwgs so that ACADE brings in a new definition which SHOULD fix the problem.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
asservtech
in reply to: Icemanau

Hello

Thank you, Trond and Brad.  I purged the drawing, I tried reinserting the block, and checked to see if there were any layer that were turned off.  Non resoled the issue.  My teperary solution was to copy a working file, a file not displaying the details, and  moving the content of the file showing that detail to the file that I just created.  There appears to be a parameter that differe between the two files. 

I will return to this problem when I create new company templates.

Thank you

Aaron

Message 5 of 6
Icemanau

OK... next thing to try is to insert the block into one of the problem dwgs.

Next use the BLOCK EDITOR to edit the block.

Select the internal geometry of the block and bring it to the front in the draw order.

Find and select the wipeout and send it to the back of the draworder. THe wipeout is usually along the boundry and you may need to check the properties to make sure it is only the wipeout you are selecting.

Save the block and exit to see if that made any changes to how it displays.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
drathak

As much as I would like to use Visibility States in ACADE, dynamic blocks aren't really well supported.  The problem is that when you use any of the dynamic parameters, it changes the block name within the drawing to something ACADE no longer recognizes.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost