AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using P&ID Components in Schematics

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
281 Views, 1 Reply

Using P&ID Components in Schematics

Hello

I am creating P&ID diagrams in AutoCAD Electrical.  I want to use the P&ID diagram to specifics major electrical, instrumentation, and mechanical components used in a project.  The P&ID would be the first document generated in a project, a graphical proposal containing tags, descriptions equipment manufacture, and part number.  This would be the first sumital to the customer before the detailed mechanical and electrical design begins. Once the P&ID is approved the component information contained within the P&ID will be used to create the detailed mechanical and electrical design.  The mechanical and some electrical component will be export to the 3D world (Solidworks) probably manual process with a BOM.  Here is were I am have problems, I want to be able to create my schematics by selecting component tags defined in the P&ID's but I am unable to select tags defined within the P&ID will inserting schematic symbols.  I can select component in the P&ID defined within the schematic.  I need the ability to link the information both direction, at times the a change will be made during the electrical design this will need to be updated within the P&ID.

Aaron

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

What you seek is an included feature already. Components that might appear across multiple engineering disciplines will have an additional attribute named WDTAGALT. The value assigned to the WDTAGALT attribute should be the tag of the component you wish to link to. There are buttons on the dialogs that allow you to select a component to link to. This is all covered in Help under Advanced Productivity. After the devices are linked bidirectional maintenance is enabled.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost