AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User defined attribute list

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
STEVENAR
560 Views, 4 Replies

User defined attribute list

Hi,

I have created a user defined attribute list and would like to add more user defined attributes. How should this be done? Do I need to recreate the original list and then add the additional attributes to the bottom of the list and save over the existing wda file.

Thank-you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lionSG
in reply to: STEVENAR

I think you need to add new attributes to the existing list in the wda file.

According to the help file, the maximum allowable entries for reading or exporting any *.wda file is 150. 

Message 3 of 5
rwydesk500

I believe the *.wda file has more to do with Report Generation.

You will need to consider the *.wdl and *.wdt files as well -> The Wiring Diagram Line file and the Wiring Diagram Title Block files respectively. 

The later file has to do with attribute mapping. Whatever attribute names you included in your title block need to be mapped to AE line numbers and that gets set up in your AE 'smart border'.

The former has to do with attribute input naming (ie. the AE line numbers can be named more descriptively for inputting purposes).

Regards,

Rick Yoerger

AutoCAD Electrical 2016
Message 4 of 5
jdenny

I had 50 or so attributes that I was adding and I found it much easier to go directly to the *.wda file (located in your project folder) and make the edits directly with a text editor like notepad. It was much better than using AE if you know exactly what you want. Once you enter a few, the syntax is pretty simple.

-----------------------------
Jeff Denny
Sr. Engineering Manager
Harris Corporation
Melbourne, Florida
Message 5 of 5
dougmcalexander

If you have already created a user defined attributes file by clicking the User Attributes icon on the Reports tab you can Open the previously saved file and add more entries by clicking the same icon. Or you can just edit the projectname.wda file directly with Notepad, as mentioned previously. The file is located in the project folder. It gets created automatically when you click the User Attributes icon and add a user attribute.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost