AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Help please! , cable report problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
circuit1
288 Views, 4 Replies

Urgent Help please! , cable report problem

Hi,

I have attached a drawing which shows a basic PLC 8 way input card going to terminals. You will see that i have used a red, 0.5 mm2 single core for all terminals labelled ??B, i have also used one multicore cable from the PLC input terminal out to the associated terminal which are all labelled ??F.

I have added the "Wire from/To" table and it does not seem correct, obviously something i am doing is wrong....

You will see for instance that the 8 x multicore layer is shown 15 times but there are only 8 wires/cores onm the drawing (all colour coded and the cable catalogue is from the Lapp manufacture database).

You will also see that is shows for example on line 9:

CROSSPASSAGE 1 PLCA 7          CROSSPASSAGE 1 PLCA 6        8 X MULTICORE.

But this should show CROSSPASSAGE 1 PLCA 7 to BLK01    07F

and CROSSPASSAGE 1 PLCA 6 to BLK01    06F and so on.

I can only think it has something to do with when i added the multicore cable as i component because you will see that when doing this it has split the cable in two.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Adrian

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
circuit1
in reply to: circuit1

I have managed to resolve the problem by re-drawing the wires again, not sure why it did not work the first time.

Message 3 of 5
dougmcalexander

I see the daisy chain between the B terminals of strip BLK01 but notice also that there is a apparent daisy chain between the terminals ending in F, which is then creating a short between the wire connections on PLCA.  Since your cable core wires are set for no wire numbering, you can't see the short circuits, but if your wires were set for wire numbering you would see many wires all at the same potential.  Just edit the wire numbers or inset wire number copies to verify.  I checked for internal jumper assignments, which could cause this, but found none.  There is something causing the terminals that end in F to be shorted to one another.

There is something strange about the first HT0002 terminal symbol in strip BLK01, the one marked as 00F.  IT has a dot in the middle.  Have you modified your terminal block symbols in any way?

One other thing to be careful of is the Feature Scale Multiplier.  Using this as a metric to inches converter can be risky.  If the trap distance becomes larger than the distance between wire connections, the program may interpret the wire connections as one.  I only use the FSM to double the size or half the size of symbols.  If you need symbols to be scaled for metric, it is best to copy the library folder to a new name and scale the entire library, using the Modify Symbol Library utility.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 5

Just a little remark Doug. If you zoom in on the topmost terminal (with the dot inside), yuo'll see thata the dot is actually the digit "4". The TERMSEQ attribute or something...

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 5
circuit1

Hi Doug,

Really appreciate all your advice it was very useful. just thought i would ask but how did you know that i was scaling the ojects from imperial to metric?

Thanks again, you saved my bacon as i have been put in charge of producing all electrical circuits on autocad electrical fron now on in and i have only been using it for 2 weeks.

Adrian.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost