AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade vs new install

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
228 Views, 8 Replies

Upgrade vs new install

When reviewing AcadE 2006 30 day trial it work very well on our laptop and in an other machine we have. But as soon as it was installed on the same machine that had AcadE2004. Nothing but problems! Sdi mode was off and other slow downs from database crashes and other stupid stuff not seen when it was on it's own. Any one else have seen simular difficalties and what is the solution. Also seen there is SP1 and SP2 so why doesn't AcadE 2006 look for these and update it's self. Because I whent and got them and they will not install.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It could also be the Raise package, from AB, in full that I installed on this machine after installing AcadE 2006. MAybe should stay with on-demand version. For it also takes a great deal of time to start with this active then without it.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Also noticed it taking from time to time a long time to save a drawing. But other times no time at all, and this is on the same drawing.
Message 4 of 9
Patch61

The excessive file access time is a (so far) unexplained mystery that I also experience. It is very annoying, especially when doing project-wide changes. My IT guy thinks it is related to system resources, but we haven't been able to find a culprit.

-Steve
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I found ACE2006 to be a resource hog, which is one reason I didn't use it. ACE2007 is much better. I ask someone at Autodesk about this, and they said that I should have 2 gig memory to make is run well.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I just found out that the more projects in your list active or not will greatly slow the starting of the product. So keep that dame thing with very litle in the list. This may also be why there are so many crashes in my system. And here I thaught that it was AcadE 2004 not running but still installed. I thought that it might also have been AB raise. I'm going to reinstall that and see how it goes.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Reinstalled AB Eworks and it is going good. It would seem the less in the projects list there is the better it runs.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

hello

greetitngs,
we at control Infotech will support in ACADE2006 drafting service. please visit our website www.engineering--link.com

Be t reagaards

Sathya
Message 9 of 9
dougmcalexander

ACADE 2006 snapshots changes to the database of all projects in the Project Manager ESW, not just the active one. This can cause an increase in the startup time. It is best to close projects that you are no longer working with or copying from.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost