AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade autocad 2012 to autocad electrical 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
waseem038
608 Views, 3 Replies

upgrade autocad 2012 to autocad electrical 2012

I have autocad 2012 installed on my machine. I want to upgrade it to autocad electrical 2012. what should I do?

Is it entirely a different programme or an upgrade of autocad? 

Should I download the whole programme (which is almost 3gb in size) or I have to install any upgrade?

If so plz guide me how can I upgrade my software?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: waseem038

Hi waseem038,

AutoCAD is a totally different Product from AutoCAD Electrical. If you want to install AutoCAD Electrical, you would need to download it. 

You mentioned that you want to install the 2012 version? Are you trying to download this from Subscription Center or from the Education Community Site? Do you have an AutoCAD Electrical Serial Number? 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 4
waseem038
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Thanx Joane

No i dont have a serial number yet.   I just thought that autocad electrical is an upgrade to autocad.  And I have autcad 2012 installed on my system, so was thinking to upgrade it. but now I will have to dowload it from as educational free trial.

Message 4 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: waseem038

Talk to your local re-seller. You should be able to buy an upgrade to go from ACAD to ACADE for a significant saving over buying the full ACADE package.

You may also be able to get a test drive version to see if it will suit your needs.

If you go the Educational version, be aware that all dwgs will have a non removable watermark stating that it was created or modified using it.

A similar question was asked within the last week or so and is basically the same answer as I've given.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical/AutoCAD-to-AutoCAD-upgrade-available/td-p/3801208

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost