AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Title Block Font styles project wide

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
LOUBRA
691 Views, 3 Replies

Updating Title Block Font styles project wide

Hello all,

Quite simply, I have to update an existing project with Japanese descriptions.

It's not a problem for components or any descriptions on my schematic.

My issue lies in the Title Block.

1.If I go to my Project Descriptions and update my details (Let's say the description is "GENERIC DRAWING 回路") and update my title block, any Kanji (Japanese Text) shows up as "????".

2. So, I figure I need to update my title block to accomodate this style of text.  I create a new Title block with the correct font style.

3. Now I do a project wide swapblock.  The old title block with the wrong text style to the new one with the proper text style (I changed the title block name as well).

4. I now do a project wide title block update, but no dice.  Any Japanese text comes up as ????.

Is my problem in the way I'm updating my title block or do the font styles automatically default to ROMANS?

Thanks!

Lou Branchaud

Electrical Designer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: LOUBRA

If the input language is not supported, you may be getting the results you see due to Windows over-riding the ACAD settings.

Make sure that Windows has the correct language installed. The methods may vary depending on what version of Windows you are running.

This is taken from the Windows 7 help...

Hide content To add an input language

1. Click to open Region and Language.

2. Click the Keyboards and Languages tab, and then click Change keyboards.

3. Under Installed services, click Add.

4. Double-click the language you want to add, double-click Keyboard, select the text services options you want to add, and then click OK.

Show contentHide content To change an input language

Before you can change the input language that you want to use, you need to make sure that the input language has been added.

• Click the Input language button on the Language bar, and then click the input language you want to use.

Picture of the Language barLanguage bar

Notes

• If you don't see the Language bar, right-click the taskbar, point to Toolbars, and then click Language bar. For more information about the language bar, see The Language bar (overview).

• In addition to changing the input language, you can also customize your keyboard for a specific language or format. For more information about customizing your keyboard, see Change your keyboard layout.

Other versions of Windows may vary.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
LOUBRA
in reply to: Icemanau

Hello Brad,

I don't think that's the issue.

I'm mostly trying to change the font used in the title block (I'm using a font that can handle two types of characters / languages).

I'd like to know if I can do this project wide rather than on individual pages.

Message 4 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: LOUBRA

I you double click the title block, and change the text style on the attrbiutes manually on one drawing sheet like this:

eattedit.png

When you run the title block update now, do the japanese characters appear?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost