AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update wire connections

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Dan_Margulius
715 Views, 5 Replies

Update wire connections

Hello,

I have a PLC full units in my drawing. All wires to that PLC are drawn with the Multiple Bus command from ACADE.

Now i need to move the PLC in the drawing. All wires did not update just remained in the air. 

I did use Move Component from ACADE. 

Is there way to do that? To move components to some extent and have the wires update.

Thanks

Dan

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
algerj
in reply to: Dan_Margulius

Hi Dan,

It depends on what you are trying to do.

If you are shifting the PLC to the side then I would use the Scoot Command.

If you are moving the Entire PLC with its wires I would use the Move Circuit, or Copy Circuit command (if you need a duplicate on the same page to modify)

If you plan on reusing the PLC with its current wire setup on several pages, then you should put it in the Icon Menu.

Wblock the Circuit out, then add the circuit to the icon menu.

The wire numbers will not update automatically when you copy a circuit, and sometimes it doesn't update when moving them.

Tthe best thing to do is run a "project-wide" update /retag on the PLC page after you make your changes.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Message 3 of 6
Dan_Margulius
in reply to: algerj

I would like to shift it to the left in the drawing. 

Scoot only allows to go only up. Move component is disconnecting the plc from the wire 

and nothing updates.

Thanks

Dan

Message 4 of 6
Icemanau

Which way an object scoots depends on what you select.

To scoot along the wire, you select the block itself.

If there are componentsthat are linked by a link line, you will get a dialog box asking if you wish to scoot the linked objects.

If you select the wire, the scoot command actuall moves the wire at 90 degrees to the orientation of the wire (a horizontal wire will mve up/down and avertical wire will move left/right).

With PLC's you get a dialog box asking if you want to just scoot the descriptions or the entire module before you get to the scoot part of the command. I just tested and had no problems scooting a PLC along a set of wires.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 5 of 6
Dan_Margulius
in reply to: Icemanau

Hello Brad,

I want to "move" the PLC up. here i used Move Component.

Thanks

Dan

plc.pngplc after.png

Message 6 of 6
Icemanau

For that sort of move, use the MOVE CIRCUIT command. Make sure you select ALL the wires and associated components as well as any wire connection points.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost