AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update wire connections after moving components?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sam.lamb
1022 Views, 2 Replies

Update wire connections after moving components?

When I place components into Electrical and wire them, sometimes I want to adjust their positions and when I do this, I'm left with a bunch of loose wires.  How do I update the wiring schematic after I've moved a component around or is there even a way to do this?  I'm importing wiring data in from Inventor.  Sorry I've had so many questions lately, I keep running into problems as I'm trying to learn how to use Inventor Cable & Harness and Autocad Electrical.  Are there any good books out there that go into great detail about using these two programs together?  Thanks in advance for your help!

Sam Lamb

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KevinLi-Autodesk
in reply to: sam.lamb

Hi sam.lamb,

The schematic wires and its tag will be connected or updated automatically after moving components in Autocad Electrical, please use Autocad Electrical command "Move Component" while not Autocad command MOVE to move electrical component.

You can right mouse click on the electrical component that you want to move it, then you will see this command in the context menu.

For the interaction between Inventor and Autocad Electrical, I have an avi for demo. I cannot attach it here due to big file size, please give me your email address i will send it to you for reference.

Regards,

Kevin Li

SQA Engineer

Autodesk, Inc.

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: sam.lamb

Use the scoot command to move symbols/wires, and the connected wires/symbols will move with it. In some cases a normal AutoCAD stretch command is the way to go.

There's no books on this subject as far as I know, but please feel free to ask here on the forum 🙂

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost