AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Title Block - Edit Menu Options

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
AQucsaiJr
390 Views, 4 Replies

Update Title Block - Edit Menu Options

I would like to edit the per-drawing section of the Update Title Block menu. Where can I find the dcl, or other, file that controls the visual aspects of this menu? I like that Autodesk gave this title block update option but the values that are used by default will not work for my company and I have been asked to find a way to make this menu better fit our needs for it.

On a side note,

Why was the project wide portion of this menu created to give the user many easily edited options and the per-drawing section not given this same option? Autodesk could have kept the default options that are provided currently in this menu but also offered a small section similar to the customizable project wide lines in the per-drawing section. This is what I am after with finding this file, I would like to do just that. If I have to adjust the default values I will but I would like to get the files that this menu interact with to see if I can add the formentioned customisable lines to what Autodesk already provides.

Thank you for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AQucsaiJr
in reply to: AQucsaiJr

This is what I am after... Customising this menu...

Why-Not.jpg

Message 3 of 5
Tee.Dee

Hi,

see this link:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/AutoCAD_Electrical/enu/2012/Help/0777-Project-777/0789-Title_Bl789/0796...

The .wdl file is just a notepad file where you change the extension from .txt to .wdl

The format of the file looks something like this:

LINE1=CLIENT
LINE2=DRG NO.
LINE3=REF NO.
LINE4=REV NO.

etc.

Message 4 of 5
AQucsaiJr
in reply to: Tee.Dee

I am well aware of how to customise the "Project Wide" section of this menu... I would like to customise the "Per-drawing" section of this menu.

Message 5 of 5
testsubject

I think I see what you are getting at.

I would agree with you that it would be nice to have the ability to set up more than just 3 description lines per drawing. I also would like to have a per drawing Rev Change availability. That would require adding 12-16 extra user data fields to the drawing side. Not sure how difficult that would be I second the recommendation to add it.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost