In Acade 2009 updating PLC descriptions worked just fine but in 2011 is does not.
I am using a Wins 7 64 bit platform with te correct Acade installed. it seems that other update functios from the spreadsheet work (ie Components, etc) but the the PLC I/O Address/descriptions. There was a post talking about Excel 2003 working but not Excel 2010. I did not find that to be true in my case, it doesn't work in either. This is a hot, hot issue as it is one of the best tools for productivity and consistancy. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
I used the Update from spreadsheet utility on a project recently with ACE 2011 and office 2007, it seemed to work just fine. I exported the I/O descriptions, ordered the list, replaced the descriptions removed unwanted lines then reinserted. I would try one drawing and see if it can do that first.
Win 7 64bit
We are still having problems with updating IO descriptions. I get:
1912161_IO_S031, Sheet1 references found: 33, mismatches found/changes made: 0.
I have not found a fix as of yet. I've tried exporting to txt, csv, etc. and no luck.
It happens in 2013 as well. I am on Wins 7 with MS Excel 2010. I would think that if i did a csv that the 2010 would not matter. Anyway, I would really like to get this resovled as it is a time saver. I am attaching a zip file of the dwg and spreadsheet for reference. Thank you to anyone who is willing to take a stab at this.
after looking at your drawing I found a couple of things that should be looked at.
First, some of the PLC modules do not have attributes for the expected values. For example, CIM31300 only has description attributes for the first connection. So any values in the spreadsheet for other descriptions have no where to go. This import will not add attributes to the block.
Second, there is a mismatch on some of the terminal connection points. I am not sure if this is a problem at our end or your end, it depends on how the module was built. Anyway, if you explode module OM31600 and look at the connection attribute on rung 31602 the attribute name is X1TERM02A. The "02A" suffix does not match the attributes for the other values that go with it. For example, the DESC attributes are DESCA02, DESCB02, etc. Notice no "A" as part of the suffix. This suffix is what AcadE keys off of to match the correct attributes. If you look in the spreadsheet this suffix is in the (TERMCODE) column. So it would have the "02A" so it is looking for DESCA02A, etc. which does not exist.
So, my suggestion is to look at the library symbols the modules are being built from and make sure they have all the necessary attributes and that this suffix matches for all the attributes that belong to a specific I/O.
Hope this helps.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.
The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.