AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update custom blocks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
159 Views, 3 Replies

Update custom blocks

I have changed the layout of our title blocks, making them use more effectively the intelligence of AcadE (2008), but we have drawings already in existence for one project using the old titleblocks. Is it possible to swap/update the title block without the need for deleting the old one, purging the drawing, then inserting the new one? I want to be able to keep some of the old attributes (which exist in the new block), such as the date the drawing was created, revision history, etc. The title-block is not a component block, so I don't think the Swap/update block command will work.

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

As long as the attributes that you want to keep in the new block have the same name as the ones in the old block, their values will come across using the "swap block" command. The block doesn't need to be a component for this command to work.

Nathan
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, the text from the attributes in the block to be replaced get overridden by the attributes in the block I want to insert. I want to be able to keep the old attribute text, but put it in the new block's format. I tried keeping the old attributes option, using the new attributes option, and replacing old for new only if the new attributes are blank option. All of these options did the same thing - put the new block's attribute text in place of the old block's attribute text. I hope this is clear.

I've attached an example. I want to put the titleblock from drawing h070063-130-02 in place of h070063-010-03, keeping the attributes from h070063-010-03.
Message 4 of 4
userlevel6

Just curious...what are your ATTDIA and ATTREQ settings? See if changing them makes a difference. Are you prompted for attribute information when you insert the titleblock, and does this happen when using the Block Updater function?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost