AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update child refernces while scooting

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tcn
Participant
223 Views, 3 Replies

Update child refernces while scooting

Is there a way to make the parents cross reference update when a child is moved or scooted from one line to the another? The program will retag parents and update their children, and renumber wire numbers but ignores child symbols.

For example I have a relay contact on rung 2 and move it to rung 3, the parent coils cross reference does not update for the new line number.

Thank You,

Ted
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tcn
Participant
in reply to: tcn

One other thing, it does this if the child and parent are on the same drawing. It does not update if the parent and child are on different drawings.

Ted
Message 3 of 4
dougmcalexander

What version of ACADE are you running. It works just fine on my install of ACADE 2006. I don't even have to force it with Component Cross-Reference. Now if you erase a child relay contact, you may need to click the Component Cross-Reference icon, just to the right of the Miscellaneous icon. You can just pick the parent coil if you only need to update one.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 4
tcn
Participant

We are still using 2005.

Thanks

Ted

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost