AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhandled Exception

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
aseaborn
629 Views, 7 Replies

Unhandled Exception

I am gettting the attached error on a semi-regular basis when I insert a destination arrow and click "OK + Update Source". It does update the reference, and I don't see anything 'wrong' with the output on the drawing, but the error pops up on occasion. Anyone else seen this?

Running 2011 with SP1 and SP2 installed. Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
KevinLi-Autodesk
in reply to: aseaborn

Hi ,

Do you mind to give your project or drawings to Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com for us to validate ?

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 8
rob.bates

Hi,

Yes but as you say everything appears to work fine except the exception pop up is different to yours.

Message 4 of 8

Hi,

Sorry for this inconvenience and thanks for your report this issue!

But I cannot reproduce it on DEMO projects in Project Manager at my side, so I suppose this is project/drawing specific. Is it possible to send your project/drawing to me for investigation ?

Regards,

Kevin Li

SQA Engineer, Autodesk, Inc

Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 5 of 8
aseaborn
in reply to: KevinLi-Autodesk

I have not had this happen again since my first post. As soon as it occurs again, I will send the files.

On a side note, if another person is seeing the same behavior, it sounds like a bug of some kind.

Message 6 of 8
johnq

Hi There

I am not experienced at many of the contributers here but I am starting with a new system and drawing alll the special blocks needed using symbol builder.

Unhandled Exceptions and Fatal errors seem to be a feature of Autocad Electrical.

My current employer had 2007 which was used as a CAD program.  When I started here I started to use it and set up projects etc.  Many of the symbols were brought from other electrical programs.  It is unfair to judge AE by this sinario.

The computer was oldish, XP pro and 1gb memory. This combination had exceptions and fatal errors from time to time.

XP with 4 gb memory and AE2011 combined with a busy network causes havock. ie fatal errors, lost data when printing etc.   Commands stop working.   Especially saving symbols.  This seems to be compounded by many hours of symbol builder.

I am now on Win7 8GB memory AE2012 intel i7 processor DELL machine, with it too has its moments with about one FATAL error every two weeks.

My video cad has Navida chips but not Navida manufacture.

The basic configuration recomended by AutoDESK seems to be totally inadequete IMHO.

Luckly I have not lost data but it is very annoying.

In WIN7 (I skipped VISTA) thereis a performance box in the task manager for memory use.  All I usually have open is IE, WIn Exp, MS Office outlook and AE2012.

When the available memory is reduced to about 3gb silly things happen so I close AE2012 and restart the program.

I would only have a max of about 12 drawing open at any one time, each drawing is about 200K.

I know this is not a very techical explanation but it is what happens to me..

Just my observations.

I have mentioned before that I am setting up a new system so I do not have an inhouse library therefore I am using system builder extensibally and this module in AE2012 does not appear to release memory as a program should.

Cheers  John Quigley

Message 7 of 8
jmburge

I get the same result when I click OK+UPDATE Source also on a semi-regular basis.

Exception in WD_DBX_ENTATTR ARX Command.jpg

Message 8 of 8
mathalekar

Please send your sample drawings on my official address mayuresh.athalekar@autodesk.com for validation purposes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost