AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change wire type and color. Drawing attached, help..!

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
dnyanu30
4358 Views, 9 Replies

Unable to change wire type and color. Drawing attached, help..!

My autocad electrical settings are fine. Changing wire types and wire colors works flawlessly in other drawings in the same project except for the drawing attached here. When I try to insert a wire, it by defaults to red color no matter what wire color I set to default. I have changed red color to a different color in all exisitng wires in wire layers and creat/edit wire types.

I will reply if you need any other information.

I have no idea what is happening and why I am unable to change wire color to any other color except red.

Please help.............!!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
dougmcalexander
in reply to: dnyanu30

If you press the letter "T" and Enter to change the wire type whle inserting a new wire in blank space, this wire will become the default for the drawing during the current session.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 10
dnyanu30

Yes Doug, you are right.

But I guess, I have not explained my question clearly. If you open the attached drawing and try to chagne any wire (red color) to a different wire type (any different color other than red) then the layer changes (I can see that in the layer box on the top) but actual color of the wire does not change as per the new layer.

It will be more clear if you open the attached drawing in the first message.

Message 4 of 10
dougmcalexander

I don't see an attachment.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 5 of 10
dnyanu30

The attachment drawing is in the very first message I posted in this chain.

However, here is the drawing again to this reply as an attchment " PF527E0005.DWG"

If there is any probelm to receive or open the drawing, send me message on r.justin999@gmail.com and I will send drawing as an attachment.

Message 6 of 10
dougmcalexander

For some reason all of your drawing elements were set to color RED instead of ByLayer.  It is fixed in the attachment.  I also noticed that only wire layer is listed as a wire under Create/Edit Wire Type.  You can use the Add Existing Layer function to add other wire layers that already exist.

Doug McAlexander

Message 7 of 10
dnyanu30

Can you please tell me how you changed all element default to a wire layer. How did you changed all element setting from RED to by a wire layer?

Message 8 of 10
dougmcalexander

Go to Home menu tab.  Use a crossing window (bottom right to top left) to select all drawing elements that you want to change.  Set to ByLayer as shown in the attachment.

Doug McAlexander

Message 9 of 10
dnyanu30
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Thank you Doug. You saved me from lot of rework.

Thanks and have a good weekend.

Message 10 of 10
dougmcalexander

Glad I could help. 

Doug McAlexander

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost