AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Questions: Both tag number related...

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
pqphillips
492 Views, 1 Reply

Two Questions: Both tag number related...

Okay, I hate to keep bugging people, but my engineer is driving me absolutely nuts with little nit-picky requests.

First question:

I know that ACADE allows you to do sequential tag numbering either on a page by page basis (starts over on the next page) or to accumulate project wide.

Is there a way to have the numbering sequence be based on, say Location? What I mean is, if Location A has three drives and Location B has four, he wants to see DR01, DR02, DR03 and then DR01, DR02, DR03, DR04. Is this possible? Oh yeah, and he insists that all he wants to see on the tag number is a %F%N value.

Second question:

How do you get the tag numbers on the one-line to reference the tag numbers on their schematic counterparts? In other words, If we have CB01 as the main circuit breaker on the schematic, on the one-line where it references that same device it should be the same number. Obviously just editing the One-Line tag number to match the schematic is problematic, as it can cause conflicts within the database.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
drathak
in reply to: pqphillips

@pqphillips wrote:

First question:

Is there a way to have the numbering sequence be based on, say Location? What I mean is, if Location A has three drives and Location B has four, he wants to see DR01, DR02, DR03 and then DR01, DR02, DR03, DR04. Is this possible? Oh yeah, and he insists that all he wants to see on the tag number is a %F%N value.

Second question:

How do you get the tag numbers on the one-line to reference the tag numbers on their schematic counterparts? In other words, If we have CB01 as the main circuit breaker on the schematic, on the one-line where it references that same device it should be the same number. Obviously just editing the One-Line tag number to match the schematic is problematic, as it can cause conflicts within the database.

For the first question I think you need to look in to the TAG convention that uses the INST & LOC codes in addition to the TAG to identify a component.  This is turned on in the Project Properties. (See first attached file)  You would need to give each component at least a LOC code to get what you are after.  And you might have to tweak the visibility of the INST & LOC code attributes if they don't want to see them.  

This is how we deal with multiple panel lineups where each panel is likely to have say a PK-A or TS-1 component.  By having an INST code of SWBD. and a LOC code that matches rthe panel number (PNL.2, PNL.18, etc.) I can reuse the TAG values as we have done in the past.  (And which your engineers are asking for.)

On the second question, one-line components and schematic component have the same TAG names, but the one line symbols have "1-" in the WDTYPE attribute.  ACADE recognizes this as a peer symbol for the schematic and will surf just fine.  in fact, I discovered that you can have more than one one line symbol with no problems.  We have a protection system one line and a communication system one line.  As you can see from the surfer screen in the second attached image, this IED relay shows not only two parent symbols (one on sheet 1CL01 & one of sheet ETP3) but also two one line symbols (1CL01 & 1CM01) and two panel footprints (LSW01 & WSW24) and it handles it all just fine.

And, if you need to, there is also a way to show a single symbol on the one line which matches up to three single phase components on the schematic.  Say a set of PT's which get show once on the one line but need to be wired and counted as three individual PT's.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost