AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSE error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
SharonHassall
854 Views, 3 Replies

TSE error

When I run TSE I keep getting the following error:

Input Field 07.  Terminal Level Number
Expected type String
Reason Missing level assignment in the schematic terminal symbol for this multi-level terminal

How can i fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

If you know which terminal is causing this you can either edit the terminal and reassign terminal properties and assign it to a particular level using the contorls in the Insert/Edit dialog box in the Modify Propeties/Associations area or you can delete the terminal and reinsert it and assign it to the correct level.

This message is indicating a mismatch between the number of levels assigned inn the temrinal properties and the level that the terminal itself is assigned to. Say somehow the number of levels value is missing then that is a mismatch. Say the number of levels is 3 but this terminal is indicated as level 4, that is a mismatch. Or if the level number value is missing completely that is a mismatch.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
robbm2k
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Pat, I'm getting the same error. You said if you know the terminal giving the error you can go and edit it or delete and re-insert it. The page with the error in my case has 50+ terminals. Is there any way other than going through all of them one by one? I did a mass find/edit/replace component text and deleted the MFR and CATALOG info from all terminals, but that didn't seem to change the levels assigned.

thanks.

Message 4 of 4

The level information is held in different properties than the catalog information since you can assign the block properties directly. So removing the catalog won't affect this.

There isn't a really neat way to find the offending terminal. But here is the way I use.

1) notice on the error dialog which drawing is referenced (last row I think)

2) notice on the error dialog the handle of the terminal (second to last row I think). for this example let's say it is 446D

3) open the drawing

4) type this lisp code at the command line:

(entget (handent "446D"))

substituting the actual handle from the error dialog. Make sure to use the quotes.

5) a bunch of stuff shows on the command line, scroll through it looking for something that starts with (10 followed by 3 coordinate values. For this example let's say it is (10 3.4 5.5 0.0). This means that the block is located at X 3.4 Y 5.5.

6) Go to that coordinate and see what terminal is located at that location. I usually run the LINE command and use the coordinate to start the line. Then I can see exactly where the terminal is.

Hope this helps.

Pat

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost