AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Remove SmarTeam Interface on CAD Start-Up

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
knight1fox3
1032 Views, 10 Replies

Trying to Remove SmarTeam Interface on CAD Start-Up

I was thinking this would be rather easy but it has proved more difficult than I thought.  Looking to prevent SmarTeam interface from loading when AutoCAD Electrical (2009) starts up.  I don't see this in any options or user preferences.  I can unload it once it has loaded but this doesn't prevent it from loading the next time.  I was thinking there would be a CAD start-up script file or equivalent which loads basic parameters and any applicable add-ins.  Any help or insight on this issue would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
davidhall
in reply to: knight1fox3

not sure if it helps, but check your acaddoc.lsp file to see if its loading from there

David
Everyone has a photographic memory,
some just don't have film.
Message 3 of 11
rhesusminus

It might be a demand load happening.

You'll have to go to the registry to find this.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.0\ACAD-8001:409\Applications

(R17.2 for AutoCAD 2009)

See if you find a key there, that seems like it belongs to smarteam. Make a bakcup of that key before you delete it, and all it's subkeys.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 4 of 11
knight1fox3
in reply to: davidhall

@davidhall wrote:

not sure if it helps, but check your acaddoc.lsp file to see if its loading from there

I opened the LSP file with notepad and didn't see anything to reference a command to load SmarTeam.

@rhesusminus wrote:

It might be a demand load happening.

You'll have to go to the registry to find this.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.0\ACAD-8001:409\Applications

(R17.2 for AutoCAD 2009)

See if you find a key there, that seems like it belongs to smarteam. Make a bakcup of that key before you delete it, and all it's subkeys.

THL

I checked that registry key and there is nothing there other than a (Default) type REG_SZ key. No subkeys in any subfolders either that reference SmarTeam. Thanks for the replies thus far guys. Any other suggestions are certainly appreciated. I suppose I could uninstall SmarTeam but I am thinking that might break things when CAD goes to try and load it and the program is just gone.
Message 5 of 11
rhesusminus

You should also check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.0\ACAD-8001:409\Applications

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 11
knight1fox3
in reply to: rhesusminus

@rhesusminus wrote:

You should also check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.0\ACAD-8001:409\Applications

THL

A lot more subfolders in that location, but nothing that references SmarTeam unfortunately.

Message 7 of 11
knight1fox3

Not sure if this helps any, but here is the script from my command window when first starting AutoCAD:

Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: ELECTRICAL
Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: ACAD
Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: MORRIS-EXTRA
Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: EXPRESS
Opening an AutoCAD 2007 format file.
Regenerating layout.
Regenerating model.
Loading Electrical modules...
Loader application completed.
AutoCAD Express Tools Copyright © 2002-2004 Autodesk, Inc.
[Loading SmarTeam Interface for AutoCAD]
** SmarTeam integration was canceled.
[ConnectSmarTeam] Failed to Login/Register/Init SmCADInterface:1
Failed to initialize SmartDesk!
[Unloading SmarTeam Interface for AutoCAD]
AutoCAD menu utilities loaded.
AutoCAD Electrical menu utilities
loaded._.menuunload SMARTDESK
Unknown Customizaton Group: SMARTDESK
_.menuload C:/Program Files/SMARTEAM/SmartDesk/SmarDesk17.mns
Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: SMARTDESK
REDEFINE OPEN
REDEFINE INSERT
REDEFINE _-XREF
_.menuunload SMARTDESK
Customization file unloaded successfully. Customization Group: SMARTDESK
Autodesk DWG.  This file is a TrustedDWG last saved by an Autodesk application 
or Autodesk licensed application.
Command: COMMANDLINE

Message 8 of 11
rhesusminus

Actually.. that might help a lot.

I can see that "C:/Program Files/SMARTEAM/SmartDesk/SmarDesk17.mns" loads. If there is a corresponding "C:/Program Files/SMARTEAM/SmartDesk/SmarDesk17.mnl" file there, I guess it will contain the lisp code that loads all the rest of the modules. Just rename the MNL-file to mnl.old or something.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 9 of 11
knight1fox3

@rhesusminus wrote:

Actually.. that might help a lot.

I can see that "C:/Program Files/SMARTEAM/SmartDesk/SmarDesk17.mns" loads. If there is a corresponding "C:/Program Files/SMARTEAM/SmartDesk/SmarDesk17.mnl" file there, I guess it will contain the lisp code that loads all the rest of the modules. Just rename the MNL-file to mnl.old or something.

THL

Interesting.  This is kind of weird.  In that directory, there is a file called "acad.LSP".  The script in that file is as follows:

( Load " C:\\Program Files\\SMARTEAM\\SmartDesk\\SmartDesk.lsp")

Then there is another LSP file called "SmartDesk.LSP".  Which I assume does the actual loading of SmarTeam.  So my question is, does acad.LSP tell AutoCAD what to load on start-up?  Could I delete that file or comment out that line?  I renamed the SmartDesk.LSP file to "SmartDesk_OLD.LSP" and it no longer loads on start-up.  However there is still something telling it to.  I am curious as to what actually tells AutoCAD to load the LSP file or files.  Here is my start-up scrip now:

Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: ELECTRICAL
Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: ACAD
Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: MORRIS-EXTRA
Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: EXPRESS
Regenerating model.
Loading Electrical modules...
Loader application completed.
AutoCAD Express Tools Copyright © 2002-2004 Autodesk, Inc.
; error: LOAD failed: " C:\\Program Files\\SMARTEAM\\SmartDesk\\SmartDesk.lsp"
AutoCAD menu utilities loaded.
AutoCAD Electrical menu utilities loaded.
Command: COMMANDLINE

Thanks so much for all your help.  🙂

Message 10 of 11
rhesusminus

Not wierd at all. At AutoCAD startup, it'll look for a file called acad.lsp, and execute whatever thats in this file. In your case, "load Smarteam".
It might be that it's enough for you to remove the path to Smarteam in AutoCAD's support search path.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 11 of 11
knight1fox3

Nope, that makes sense now.  What was confusing me is that there were 2 files both named "acad.LSP".  One in the Acade 2009 directory and another in the SmartDesk directory.  Removing the "load SmarTeam" line in the acad.LSP file located in Acade 2009 prevented AutoCAD from even trying to load SmarTeam.  Before it would still try but I renamed the SmarTeam LSP file so it still couldn't load, if that makes sense.  Thanks again for your help rhesusminus.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost