AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble migrating 2014 catalog to 2015 format

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
rhesusminus
657 Views, 6 Replies

Trouble migrating 2014 catalog to 2015 format

Hi.

When I try to migrate a small demo catalog from AcadE 2014 into AcadE 2015, The migration utility just crashes before it manages to migrate anything.

Capture.PNG

Attached are the databases. The default_cat.mdb is a copy of the original default_cat that installs with AcadE 2015. I've just emptied it.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Have any of the tables been altered, other than content added or edited?  If you delete fields or change the order that fields appear in the tables, this can cause problems with migration.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 7
rhesusminus
in reply to: rhesusminus

Nope. The 2014 database is also a copy of the database that comes with AcadE 2014, just emptied using Microsoft access.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 4 of 7

2015 has to restructure the database so it is compatible with the new Catalog Browser.  It worked fine for me.  I even have custom tables and numerous part numbers added. Mine worked fine.  Perhaps try keeping the names the same (i.e. default_cat.mdb).  Mine worked but my database was located in the Catalogs folder and named default_cat.mdb.  I've been migrating since version 2004 without issue.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 7

Hello,

I have done a migration with your 2 databases in the attachment, and I can migrate successfully in my Win7 64 OS.

Refer to the attached result, I used both the Copy/Merge function in the Migration Utility.

Can you have a try with other machines?

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance
AutoCAD Electrical
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 7

I put the files in another folder (outside dropbbox), and then everything worked fine. Might be a problem with dropbox "hooking" on to the files too early when it detected changes.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 7 of 7
drathak
in reply to: rhesusminus

I was going to suggest not using a dropbox folder.  Things in there are ina wierd state sometimes.  I've had spreadsheets get confused when I was the only person accessing them.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost