AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble finding certain project properties

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
237 Views, 5 Replies

Trouble finding certain project properties

I seem to recall a project setting to turn off automatic capitalization of the description (DESC1, DESC2, etc) for components. Anyone know where I would find that setting?

Also, where do you set the property for the wire layers (assign layers to be recognized as wire layers), for the project. I can find it for individual drawings, but would like to change the setting for the entire project.
As a work around, I have modified the .wdp file, setting [26], but surely there has to be some dialog in which to set that property. Anyone know?

I'm using AcadE 2009...

And I promise to stop calling you Shirley...
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi.

In the project manager, right-click the project and select Properties. Then have a look at the attached picture....

You can use the "Settings compare"-function to copy wire layer settings from a drawing to the project. In the project, right-click the drawing you want to copy layers from, and select Properties -> Settings compare...
Select "Wire layers" in the list and press the "Match drawing"-button to copy the wire layers to the project.

Shirley

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hi,

The setting for the capital letters can be found in the following.

go to project properties

then in the component tab, down the bottom there will be a component options sections. there will be a checkbox that says 'Description text upper case' if it is checked all the descriptions we be in upper case on your drawings.

cheers

steve
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks Steve.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

So are you saying there is no way to directly set the wire layers for the project?

I think my work-around of editing the wdp file is much quicker than doing as you suggested, but thanks for trying.
Message 6 of 6
rhesusminus

As far as I know there is no other dialog to set the wire layers for the project. Usually these setting resides in a "template project" that you copy the settings from when creating a new project.
But... Editing the WDP-file directly might be a perfectly fine solution in many cases 🙂

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost