AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

*Nate Holt \(Autodesk\)
Message 1 of 1 (101 Views)

Trick - using "Check/Fix Wire Gap" to maintain wire number through plug/jack pair

101 Views, 0 Replies
04-26-2004 12:12 PM
This note came in outside of the discussion group and is reprinted here with originator's permission. It might be of general interest. QUESTION: I have been attempting to use the fan-in/out (source/destination signal pairs) for something but it places one piece of wire on the MULTI-WIRE layer and I lose wire info when I have a PJ block attached. RESPONSE: I think a better approach is to make the "gap" between the plug and jack connections look like a big "gap" without the "loop". This preserves the wire number from the end of one wire to the beg of the next without having to resort to source/destination symbols. On the bottom part of your sample drawing, use the Check/Repair Wire Gap command. Pick pairs of wire segments. The wire numbers will cross the gap and I think that everything will still work as you want.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.