AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring symbol database from one PC to another

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Masoome
1574 Views, 4 Replies

Transferring symbol database from one PC to another

Hi every one,

I have built several symbols for my own usage; and also I have added some manufacturers (Pin list data base editor); and I have modified ICON MENU with new symbols (components) . Now, I should use another PC. It means I have a RAW program (Auto Cad Electrical). How can I transfer all those modifications to my new computer? Or I have to do all those again from the beginning?Smiley Sad

Thanks and regards,

Masoome

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Icemanau
in reply to: Masoome

Make sure that ACAD is NOT running on either machine to start off with.

Copy the blocks and default_cat.mdb (or whatever your catalogue is called) to the same locations on the new system.

I'm not sure on how to copy the icon menu but it may be as easy as copying the appropriate file across.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 3 of 5
dougmcalexander

Brad steered you in the right direction regarding the vendor part numbers.  If you have custom library symbols, you should copy the folder you stored those in.  The icon menu files are in the location shown below.  Of course substitute your name for mine in the path.  Your exact path is listed in the project properties for each of your projects under the Library and Icon Menu Paths section.  ACE_IEC_MENU.DAT contains the IEC menu and ACE_JIC_MENU.DAT contains the JIC menu.

Location of icon menu files: C:\Documents and Settings\Doug McAlexander\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2011\R18.1\enu\Support

Hint: If you have created custom footprints and added entries into the footprint_Lookup.mdb, you should also copy this file to the other computer.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 5
Masoome

Hi,

Thanks a lot... That's it.

I did the instruction and it works properly.

Best

Message 5 of 5

Hi Doug,

Is there a way we can set the default saving location to drive D for icon menu files and database because I install deepfreeze on my drive c: every time I restart my pc, it goes back to its original state.

Regards,

Eric John

Do on what you love to do... success comes next.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost