AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRAINING for ACADE - WILL I NEED IT.....

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Harness_man
253 Views, 4 Replies

TRAINING for ACADE - WILL I NEED IT.....

How many of you using ACADE or would recommend it if the last version of ACAD that you used was R14

Here is my scenario........I have been an electrical designer for the past 12yrs and did all my schematics, MCC layouts, and control panel layouts in AutoCAD....R14 was the last version that I have used.........Started a new job in Wire Harness Manufacturing........
I know that ACADE will coincide with Autodesk Inventor Pro's Cable and Harness function for getting all the tables that I will need to supply for Mfd........

The Problem is that I don't need to draw any schematics and that is what seems to be the Core of ACADE.....so than I need to do a Point-to-Point drawing in ACADE, and there isn't much help that I can find to walk me through the process..
It also seem that until I do my Point-to-Point drawing INVENTOR PRO is not going to be much help till then.

Please help shed some light on this, because I seem to be lost between on how to use ACADE and INVENTOR PRO that my company has bought for me and I think I need some training
THANKS
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Harness_man

Hi Harness Man, AutoCAD Electrical is the product where you would draw the point-to-point wiring diagrams to drive cable and harness designs inside of Autodesk Inventor Professional. Please check out the Cadalyst article posted at http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=4131575 for more information. I hope this helps. Thanks, Scott Reese AutoCAD Electrical Product Manager --------------------------- "Harness_man" wrote in message news:11355609.1081871798003.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > How many of you using ACADE or would recommend it if the last version of ACAD that you used was R14 > > Here is my scenario........I have been an electrical designer for the past 12yrs and did all my schematics, MCC layouts, and control panel layouts in AutoCAD....R14 was the last version that I have used.........Started a new job in Wire Harness Manufacturing........ > I know that ACADE will coincide with Autodesk Inventor Pro's Cable and Harness function for getting all the tables that I will need to supply for Mfd........ > > The Problem is that I don't need to draw any schematics and that is what seems to be the Core of ACADE.....so than I need to do a Point-to-Point drawing in ACADE, and there isn't much help that I can find to walk me through the process.. > It also seem that until I do my Point-to-Point drawing INVENTOR PRO is not going to be much help till then. > > Please help shed some light on this, because I seem to be lost between on how to use ACADE and INVENTOR PRO that my company has bought for me and I think I need some training > THANKS
Message 3 of 5
Harness_man

The article is nice but it does not tell a guy how to do it........and the help files are not much help as far as point to point goes..............

Plus should I be convincing upper management that they should be sending me to Training........

AutoCAD R14 to ACAD Electrical........is that to much of a transition for a guy that he should have some training???????????????
Message 4 of 5
rstein

I would suggest a training course to go from plain autocad to autocad electrical. From version 14 to Autocad 2004 there have been many changes. plus the electrical content in autocad electrical is quite a bit. the one thing you will not find a ton of in the course is how to import into AIP. that is because it is not an inventor course, it is an AutoCAD Electrical course. one thing we do is show it, and breifly explain how to do it if the students in our classes use AIP, if not we just show the standard book exercises.

Thanks
Rob Stein
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I'm not up to ACADE, we use the older via-wd ( same thing)

I would encourage you to get the training regardless because you can always learn something new about the program that may help in the future. You never really lose if you take a class.

But you can learn from the manual only alittle slower.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost