AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

toggle source & destination

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
474 Views, 3 Replies

toggle source & destination

is it possible to swap or toggle a source and destination marker after they are created and associated? I saw a post from Nate dating back to 2004 where he suggests a convoluted way to achieve and talked about adding it as a feature similar to NO/NC toggle? 

does anyone know if that happened or if there is a good work around?

thanks

Graham

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
stefan.stamate
in reply to: Anonymous

I know this is an older post but I would love if Autodesk would look into this and find a way to swap the two symbols the way it works for the NO and NC symbols. I am not sure what the issue is but it was suggested in 2004 and it is still not available in 2013... An update from Autodesk would be appreciated.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: stefan.stamate

Gents

Do not hold your breath!    MicroStation uses the space bar to toggle Autho.

AutoDESK will not support a Space Ball they use that silly software global ball.  Learning INVENTOR the software ball is a pain in the big toe on both feet.

Cheers  jq

Message 4 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

Hint: You could use the Swap Block tool to switch out the symbols.  Be sure to select the option to pick one at a time rather than drawing-wide or project-wide unless that is what you actually wish.

The source and destination pair symbols could be located on different sheets so the neatest way for this to work would be for it to toggle both the source and destination as a project-wide function.  But honestly, having used the software since 1996 I have not found the need to do this on a large enough scale to merit the additional programming/resource load that it would require.  Autodesk needs to focus on solving bugs and such.  Each time they introduce something new, it can adversely affect existing functionality, often called software regression. 

Each time they add new features it slows the software a bit.  2008 was the fastest version for many years, given the number of features it had.  2009-2011 added so many new features that those versions crawled in comparison to 2008.  2012 and 2013 saw the code go through some streamlining and thus a speed improvement, but still not as fast as 2008.  Of course you can make up some of the speed lost by upgrading your computer.  From what I see, using the software practically every day, version 2013 now represents the best speed to features ratio yet.

We just have to weigh our feature requests carefully.  If it is a feature that would be used infrequently and the software already includes another, albeit slower, way to accomplish the same task, it may be better not to task the software with another tool that taxes our system resources, only for occasional use.  If it is a tool that could see daily use and would save hours of manual editing, then perhaps it is worth the programming time and resource drag.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost